Server maintenance Read more... ×

On 04/04/2013 at 9:23 PM, Ants said:

So t5 anything from an xf on will work although eb on ate the better ones.

Use a single rail bell housing (top loader is the same) you need to drill a couple of holes and machine a few mm off the nose of the gearbox and your away.

Honestly I wouldn't bother with a 9 inch these days, they are worth a fortune to have one made to fit a watts link arse end. Loads of guys use borg warners nowadays in some tuff cars too, and you'll break loads of t5's before you break a 28spline borgy. Go a 3.45lsd out of an ed xr8 and it will basically bolt straight in and will stand up to the toughest clevo.

Hi, when U say, machine a couple of mm of the nose of gearbox, were exactly from please? I am thinking of going 5speed in my XE when I put 351 clevo in it, already have a EA T5 box sitting here.

Hi, when U say, machine a couple of mm of the nose of gearbox, were exactly from please? I am thinking of going 5speed in my XE when I put 351 clevo in it, already have a EA T5 box sitting here.
It's from the outside of the large round bit of the snout (the bearing retainer) to suit the smaller bore of the toploader/single rail bell. I think it was 1.5mm off the diameter. Everything else, IE shaft length, spline count, throwout bearing all interchange. The bell housing bolt pattern is important though. There are threads on here in the transmission section where people have done this (myself included) so read through that first.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

T5 gearbox people reckon tough as well I've broken mine I have no 4th gear and almost no second gear and that's in a 6 cylinder and that's flogging it like it's been stolen every day of the week so they can't be that tough T5 piece of s**