xwroo

front end rebuild

hey guys,

Looking at rebuilding the front end of my xw soon. Just wanting to know what brands/company make good quality kits and what brands/company to stay away from.

cheers... 

This thread is worth a read.

http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/2603-warning-please-read-cheap-parts-danger/

I used all TRW (ball joints and steering parts) and Nolathane (lower control arms and bushes) branded stuff in my XD, +  King springs and whiteline sway bars, no complaints so far about quality.

Would stay away from monroe shocks. They do the job but ride like shit. Most people seem to run koni/bilsteins in their X series, XYZ also do coilover kits for the front - I've ordered a set and am waiting to see if they're any good.

Thanks for that. I've decided that I'm going to run whiteline sway bars and nolathane bushes.I was looking at pedders springs and shocks any good/bad news about them?

Haven't used them myself but I know a few people here do and haven't heard anything bad about them. I don't like them because they overprice a lot though.

I did all my front end in Nolathane and am regretting it a bit because of the harshness. If I was gonna do it again I'd do anything that goes up and down (control arms, spring saddle etc) in rubber and anything that goes sideways (sway bar bushes, steering etc) in urethane.

Superpro is still urethane but is not as hard as nolathane brand. Just depends on how you want to use the car. No point firming up the suspension for better cornering if its a cruise car which will be better with all rubber bushes to soften the bumps from shit roads