ashXFute

What to build.

I picked up a mixed box of parts from someone's failed rebuild the other day.

Cost me $500 and included crow double valve springs, oversize vavles, new lifters, bearings, water pump and stock pistons.

Using a few more of the parts I have laying about in my shed or already on cars what can I make up?

I've got a 2 barrel and 4 barrel manifolds with 350 and 600 holley.

2 different diffs 3.45 or 3.55

2 T5 gearboxes

Msd 6al2 set up and running

No set idea on cam or anything I just want a good tough cruiser/weekender motor to go in my xf now it's no longer needed for daily duties.

Any other parts or work to the motor that would be a good idea at the same time?

I also need to pull down the current motor to see what internals I can reuse from it.

Any help or advise appreciated B)

Ash

I took the following that was posted by Sly from crossflow build thread Nath started (http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/4606-crossflow-build-advice/  page 3 is where this combo is), it is a very good combo that has worked, will give you the best idea on a great combo and what is needed:

Jase Stoodley ran this combo for a while before moving on. Take note those who want realistic reliable pump fuel power all for sensible money.  

Block: 80da bored & honed .030
Crank: 250 ground & balanced
Rods: 250 machined balanced and 302w ARP bolts fitted
Pistons: ACL 21cc dish - combined with a 50 odd cc head was about 9.5:1 comp.
Cam: 230@50 530lift hydro - great cam for these motors!
Head: open chamber carby unmarked ported, 1.85" in, 1.55" exh valves, turned out it flowed 320hp
Springs: crow 7333 doubles - head needs machining for these.

Other parts included rollmaster chain, yella terra street terra bolt ons, crow pushrods, romac balancer.

Used to run a ultraflow manifold with a 500 holley went well but changed over to a cain and 600 vacuum secondaries and what a difference.

Was running a Hall dizzy with a MSD 6AL and MSD digital timing computer- the equivalent now would be a 6AL-2programmable running 36deg total timing.

Used a 2200stall in a c4 with 3.7 rear gears.

the car was a full street car cortina ran 13.6 @ 100mph then 13.3@103 when i changed to the 600vac and made 200rwhp