Sign in to follow this  
FALCONSTIEN

Extractors vs steering box

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if any one has had issues with clearance on the power steering box when fitting pacemaker headers to a Clevo in an xb?

They are on, all the bolts are in and tight and the headers are just touching the steering box. Thinking I might be able to hopefully loosen all the mount bolts and shove the motor over a bit. I hope I can get a couple of mm out of it. Do you think this will be enough?

Cheers

Are they tri-ys or tuned length? Mine are Genie tri-ys and have a split collector pipe that separates 1-2 from 3-4, to allow fitment. Once in, they clear everything.

Sounds like you could get a bee's dick more clearance by shifting the mounts but really there shouldn't be that much drama. Maybe shim the engine mount brackets up from the crossmember and/or elongate the holes for the through-bolts. How are your mounts? Where abouts does it hit the box?

Engineering practice says any engine or exhaust component shall clear chassis or bodywork by at least 10mm.

Guest FALCONSTIEN

They are 4into1's, yeah maybe I lift the motor a little too, the mounts look to be in good condition, I heard they can sag over time, if still no good I'll look at getting new ones.

Thanks

I have 4 into 1's on my XD with power steering.

They were a #### to fit, but have clearance once in.

As gerg said, you want around 10mm.

If that are that close, the exhaust will clout the steering box under load.