Sign in to follow this  
LJDB

sc14 blower on carby xflow

The blower suits a much smaller capacity engine so its far from ideal. It would be similar to putting a standard turbo from a 2 litre on a crossflow. Yes it will have some effect but for the cost outlay there are much better options.

If it will cost you less than $500 and you want something different then go for it. Otherwise probably better to spend your money on other stuff

i had same thoughts mate and not worth it on a 4.1 , and also would run to hot the SC would crap it self t , you would need to spin it up far to high to see good gains only to be diminished by how hot the charge gets and the SC its self would get way to hot.

you would be running way past the SC14's efficiency , maybe if you managed to find a way to fit 2x of them under the hood you could get them to work , but then that just defeats the purpose of it being a cheap boost , they just dont output enough CFM sadly

, i think it was Dave ( Pro250) i had a chat to about this a few years ago .there is just no way to make it cost effective and reliable and working efficiently .

wait for pro250 to post , that guy knows his stuff and would give 100% correct info 

Edit = also u need to get your Carby Boost modified , or buy one thats for boost applications , you will crush your floats otherwise , you will also need riseing rate fuel regulator and a ignition system to retard the timing back as boost comes on . 

Yeah thats what iv been reading. Iv got most of the bits and pieces laying around, just thought it might be abit of fun. How would it compare to your average mild cammed 4 barrel na xflow. 

Like stated above, the SC14 is too small as it's from a Toyota 1ggze 2 litre DOHC inline 6. They aren't a performance engine, only rated at 125kw. To make meaningful boost on a 250ci engine you would need to spin it way too hard to be efficient. I've said this before : if you could run 2 of them then it might be interesting. Why bother though when you could get a decent Chinese turbo on the most shitty, ghetto J pipe manifold and make twice the power.

you wanna put a blower on it grab this.

m112 is the minimum you would want.

you could go an MP90 if you felt like it... kinda a waste though.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-SVT-M112-Supercharger-/141731517774?hash=item20ffdb554e

if you went an m90/mp90 you would wanna port it before you put it on. can get them out of the US already done.

or buy an m112 ported from the states... i would lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-SVT-Cobra-Eaton-M112-supercharger-2003-2004-Professionally-Ported-/161780170439?hash=item25aad97ec7&vxp=mtr

Yeah thats what iv been reading. Iv got most of the bits and pieces laying around, just thought it might be abit of fun. How would it compare to your average mild cammed 4 barrel na xflow.

Mild is a bit subjective but I would be thinking a crossflow with a camshaft with advertised mid 220's and above even with a 500 holley would easily have a crossflow with the sc14 blower covered.