Server maintenance Read more... ×
Raymond Daley

best machine shops in QLD??

Engine engineering. Full stop. 

Been using them for 9 years now and never ever had a problem.  Cam is an absolute guru on all engines and will give your x-flow the attention it deserves.  Other shops will pay attention to the more common motors but give them a x-flow and they treat it as a taxi motor - no matter how much you try to convince them.

That is the biggest problem with 'Name' shops.  Engine Engineering and Cam in particular will look after your engine as if it were their own.  Cam has done a great job on a lot of forum members engines - not just mine and my customer engines. 

Can not recommend them enough.  If you decide to go with them, let me know as I will get Cam to look after you.

Engine Engineering...

+11ty million and 1

I can't speak highly enough of this shop, they did my engine and the work is outstanding. Their prices are very reasonable and the shop foreman Cam is an absolute bloody legend. He always keeps your budget in mind and will always consult with you if something needs changing. Plus Cam is a genius with hand porting and gets stuff spot on, look at my roller cam build thread for port results of my head. The results of my head porting show how good Cam is (and this ties in with what I said about him always considering your requirements) he ported the head to suit my camshaft specs, my budget,my type of driving and my engine setup. Most people struggle to get 2 of those requirements and he nailed all 4 without a drama.

I'm in QLD and would NOT use UMR ever again. 3 Motors they have bodged up. I specifically gave them dimensions and they botched every time.

Have used Engine Engineering once was within spec and quick turnaround. I now use Medham Engineering and cannot fault them. They are not cheap but they are very very very good. I guess if they do V8 Supercar stuff they know what they're doing.

they probably did but I was there picking up the clevo engine beginning of this year and there were two v8 supercar engines being assembled at Medham, they also did a xflow for me a few years back and they had some subi rally motors being built 

I got another xflow and clevo motors ready for machining and i'll probably use Cam as they are closer to me now. They do everything in house which is important to me and there are no 3 toothed fully tatted crack heads doing machining like 90% of the machining shops in Brisbane ....

I think for heads you can't get past TK :) if it's a 2 valve head then i can bet my left nut that TK will beat anyone in Australia, he has proven it time and time again, i'm surprised nobody here mentioned him

No. Cam actually did do their work, as well as all Bill Mann's (performance wholesale) stuff.  Sprintcars, Drag motors the works.

Me I'm glad he has left there and is back at Engine Engineering.  The best hand porter in the business with the best seat cutters and valve treatments. 

When you can hand port a x-flow head and get 238cfm inlet flow on EVERY intake runner, have each intake runner volume CC identical and each chamber CC identical - all through hand porting - you are a fu.kn guru in my opinion.  That's CNC machine accuracy - and he does it time and time again. 

Each to their own but when someone can show me someone that can beat that I'd be very interested to meet them.  Oh and do it on a decent budget. 

Oh and he just did a quad cam, blown V8 ford motor and pumped 775rwhp with just a 2.3l roots style blower.  how is that for versatility??

Yeah it just shits me when I don't get time for my own stuff.  Had the v6 motor that I built for a customer on the dyno on Friday (made 214.7rwhp) arvo instead of my ute and then the bloody thing nearly beats me on Saturday night.

That's not happening again.