Sign in to follow this  
xcsam

Borg Warner diff type?

In my factory 302 XC ute, I have the standard 2.92 ratio. What sort of diff is this? Is it the BW 78 series? When looking at different gears, I see 0575 and 0578 gears. Are each of them interchangeable? I'd like to change my diff gears from something between 3.23 and 3.7 to go with my 5 speed box

mate its a 25 spliner it may be easyer to upgrade to either a EBED wagon diff as there 3.23 or a xg xh diff these would be easyer to find in 3.45s and there also a 4 pin diff and 28spline axles standed

mate its a 25 spliner it may be easyer to upgrade to either a EBED wagon diff as there 3.23 or a xg xh diff these would be easyer to find in 3.45s and there also a 4 pin diff and 28spline axles standed

So if I do this, is it a simple 'bolt in' replacement?

I put an XG XR6 diff and brakes into my XD, the only issue was the spring saddle locating pin hole on the XG diff is 36mm, and the std XD one was 32mm, so I had some blocks made to lower it and locate the diff properly.

Went from 2.92 to 3.45.

Ah yeah forgot to mention that, I have used an EA handbrake cable and used new brake lines.

Depends if you intend on running later model disk brakes?

If using a disk brake borgy diff as a donor for the e series it is possible to use the early brakes ( well it measures up like they should) but a drum brake diff uses slightly different axle flange compared to disc brake style