xwagon

flowmaster muffers on a v8

hey be keen to hear from people using flowmaster mufflers on their v8,  these would be going on my 460 BB in the wagon, watched some YouTube vids of the different sounds, is the super 44 too loud??  would be the 3" ones,

Don't know any that use Flowmatsers TBH. Cost was a major issue now that Hooker do the aero chamber so cheap.

But I would try speedway forums and such as sprint car teams seem to love em.  

They tend to sound echoey and a bit raspy on over-run. I'd use them before the diff with a hot dog in the rear section to take out any rasp. Like sly said they are expensive compared to other similar ones. Not sure if Genies are still available but they tested well in an Autospeed comparison a while back:

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0383

am a bit surprised  by the reaction so far, not to sure what expensive is over there. but here they are $170 each to the door. 

WHAT ? When I first looked @ em years ago they were like a $600 muffler dammit !!! I run twin Aerochambers on the ute which will always sound shit if you listen to who doesn't have em.  

I say just do it,only has to please you anyway bro.

Super 44 or 50 series for the chambered ones, but I reckon the best sounding is the hushpower. Of course it's all personal opinion, as someone with a fart cannon on a Kia might think their car sounds rad too.

Nothing wrong with Aerochambers, I actually rate them over a Flowmaster myself.

$160 to your door is good, in the whole scheme of things it's a small percentage of the whole system, which can run thousands.

Yeah a few of us use Hooker Aerochambers my last 3 where $97.5ea. run them on my XE V8 ute & XF ute

As far as Flowmaster's I like the sound of the short hush power, but not a fan of there baffled ones, rather the open chamber of the Hooker. plus Aerochambers have a thick case and 1.6mm pipes.

IMG_3560_zps5nqhs7v5.jpg