Kiwi-E

XE Tidy up

Yes the free air can work well if suitable. Never heard a Lexus stereo myself but been in ALOT of sound offs bitd and standard stereos now days would win awards for staging,and sq. Sheer spl is a different story but modern stuff is impressive.

Got everything wired up and going today. Managed not to let the magical smoke out.

Sounds near enough to me lol. All I'm after is something that sounds good and clear.
Should be better when i get around to putting the 6" components in the front doors.

Had to make up something to hold the radio and to fill the hole in the dash as all the plastics broken to shit.
05ed47b7f3d71673906171d14938c379.jpgaaa53aada66379d47a79b34891738eff.jpg92e76df8246c2bd198807b8804784beb.jpg

Still need to sort the parcel tray to mount the 6x9s properly and to cut the doors up for the 6s but that can wait a while.... Should probably do the head gasket also so its reliable-ish to take on long trips again.... gota do some summer crusing

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Ha wow! that's the best stereo mount i've seen for an XF. 

love the fab work and thought. the stupid ash tray or junk tray are always broken also, so that fixed it ..could have put a USB charger port in it also?

Cheers, yea its tidy enough for this shitta lol.

Usb port would be usefull probably, Head unit has a usb port. I assume ya phone would charge from that?

I did think that it would be a good pannel to mount switches if i needed them (engine swap/mods..... if it ever happens)

yeah i've been looking to add a double USB charger port to My cars at some point one for phone, one for GPS. the ciggy socket makes the cables get in the way of the gear stick on My car

Next time you go wrecker diving, check all the late model stuff for this kinda gear
2167a1859b17b9438b6111a1da75b1ed.jpg
You can buy it off the shelf too but if you grab it from a wreck you could maybe take the fascia and housing its mounted in as well. I've seen round ones that would replace your standard ciggy socket in rear seating of territory and other suv/mpv

9 minutes ago, 2redrovers said:

Next time you go wrecker diving, check all the late model stuff for this kinda gear
2167a1859b17b9438b6111a1da75b1ed.jpg
You can buy it off the shelf too but if you grab it from a wreck you could maybe take the fascia and housing its mounted in as well. I've seen round ones that would replace your standard ciggy socket in rear seating of territory and other suv/mpv

yeah i use the ciggy socket for 12v compressor for bike tyres, but any that can fit on a flat panel will be fine. side of console or under dash perhaps
over due for a wrecker scrounge

Question fellas

Will an xb hydraulic pedal box bolt into an xe? (Found one locally and need it as part of a conversion)

Or am i better off modifying my current auto/cable manual pedal box to make it work?

Cheers

I ended up using just the pedal shaft and pedal out of the XB for my XE. Was going from cable to hydraulic also. The old (shorter) shaft came out OK, but putting the new one in required taking a gouge out of the corner of some ducting/heater box to get it in. Looked savage but honestly never thought about it again.

I did this to avoid the fuck-around of swapping pedal boxes.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

yeah XB one bolts in whole if you like, direct fit.  i've never converted one, but with your skills, wouldn't be that hard. 

i did one under dash with just the shafts.. never again lol. 

Sweet cheers guys.

Had a wet weekend so had some shed time working on the crossy. Tidied up a couple of things needing attention.

I suppose it gave enough warning the gasket was getting a bit rooted...de2039e76644f890f5132e97f3e9968e.jpg
Old gasket was blown on #1 cyl. Gasket came of cleanly so it was quick cleaning up the surfaces.
However i wasn't super happy with the fit of the new gasket. The allignment holes did not line up properly with the allignment sleves which resulted in the gasket humping up after it was forced into place. The fire rings did not sit concentric about the bores either and the holes for the head bolts were over to one side....
fd5677318529dbf2074a904b72b903b7.jpg7f16373717142d2164944d50bc6d97ab.jpg
Thought bugger it... it'll squish down into place, so slaped it back together. Took it for a short run and it seems ok.

2 minutes ago, Kiwi-E said:

Thought bugger it... it'll squish down into place, so slaped it back together. Took it for a short run and it seems ok.

exactly what i did with my one lol. she'll be right

Think its time to get the cylinder pressures back up to factory specs on the old crossy...

179e29c8c8424588debce86ff591f2ca.jpg9948479ee49898b23fc64a679bf39c87.jpg3e25386dde801bcb65da9f3dc5c36475.jpg910eb5224810c4750391a78cbd4b4407.jpg357236e212cda21f1b409b2247b0b9fb.jpg7dbfae1b20f059a6b875ecde2ac75fc1.jpg

Manifold flanges should be profile cut and ready to pick up in the next week. I need to start buying a few more bits before i can go much further with it though.

ahhh!!!! My Brain..
[mention=97]BGDAV[/mention] [mention=8812]2redrovers[/mention] check out the CAD 

wow, that's awesome shaping and joining.  at first i thought that clamp was to pack the pipe with sand for a mandrel bend

I did similar with the roll cage in the Capri albeit not quite so complex. Looks good

The templates made it very easy to make it so far. The true test will be if I've left myself enough room between the pipes to weld them all completely..... its going to be tight

The templates made it very easy to make it so far. The true test will be if I've left myself enough room between the pipes to weld them all completely..... its going to be tight

Yeah Nick had that problem too, which is why his are shorter, to get the TIG in there. Just as well because he ended up being tight for space in the XP engine bay.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

If not, use the mig and crank the gas lol

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

On a side note your sketch has a split pulse turbine flange, but your collector is 6:1 which is only suitable for an open entry turbine housing/flange. Running a 6:1 with the gasses clashing with the divider inthe middle is not great. With a split pulse flange you need split the exhaust 6:2. So the front 3 cylinders merge into one port and the back 3 into the other port on a twin entry turbine housing, sealed off from each other. Running a split pulse turbo manifold into an open entry turbine housing is fine, however running an open entry manifold into a split pulse turbine housing is less than ideal.
Disregard everything I wrote if you already know this and it's just a sketch etc.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk