SXE357

ZL Fairlane Aircon set up on a Clevo 351

Hi Guys, 

Now I have the heater hoses sorted, I have to fix the last big problem I have with putting a ZL Fairlane Interior into an XE with a 351.

Before the engine went in, it looked so easy to bolt the air con compressor to the lower left hand side of the 351. All looked great, fitted well.

DSCF1124.jpg

But when I dropped the 351 into the engine bay I found the compressor to be hitting part of the engine bay.

20150709_112030_zpsvy5ewwuj.jpg

I was wondering if there would be any problems I remove the section that the compressor is hitting?

Or if anyone else has a better setup they would like to share? I don't want to use the original 351 compressor.

Cheers

Subscribing because I want to know how you get on as I would love to have A/C in my XF when I Clevo it. And don't want to mount the A/C where it is from factory on Clevos.

Yeah Im going to have to rethink this, as is I wouldn't have to remove too much at all, only a small triangular piece just above the bolts, but this is no good, as seeing Im going to have to move the engine forward about an inch, the compressor will be too far forward.

Got a bit smart for myself, back to the drawing board.

why not put the compressor up on the left side where it belongs

another problem you cant cut a little off as the motor lifts from the left to the right ,and youl find the compressor smashing into the sway bar mount all the time ,

why not put the compressor up on the left side where it belongs

Because they look like absolute shit sitting on top of the motor?

One thing I hate about Clevos is when they have a A/C fitted, pop the bonnet to look at a nice old V8 and BAM! massive ugly compressor in your face.

Yeah as I said earlier, as Im moving the engine forward as suggested by Revhead, Im going to have to find another solution with the Air con Compressor, and its location.

I totally agree with Mr Polson, the Old XE air con compressor set up on top, looks shite, has to be a far nicer way to do it.

Cheers Nath-25, 

It was a very worn out engine when I got it, I stripped it right down, got it cleaned up and a rebore, and rebuilt it using all new stuff, owes me about $3500, worth every cent, and I loved building it, so looking forward to seeing it run, hopefully before Christmas.

Lord Far Quad, can you let me know where to find the PDF Manual to download, had a look through their site, didn't come across anything.

Cheers

8a74544ab5891be9b5da117c5032065e.jpg

52c5b66af9cc19a13076977db2cce300.jpg

Falcon with low mount air con at AFD 2016. Used a universal compressor with custom hoses and custom brackets.

Bolts into the head somewhere and just in front of the engine mount. And couple of other places I think. Hard to take photos of.