Sign in to follow this  
Lott

Comp cams

Looking at going a new cam either comp xe274 or 280h

Anyone got any info good or bad on these cams.

In a xd 351c dished pistons 2v closed chamber heads performer manifold either 600 vac sec or 750 dp Holley 4 into 1 pacemaker 2 1/2 single system

,auto 2500 stall, diff 28 spline 3.45:1.

Thanks

Yep agree with bear, DP for race, vac for street. That exhaust will choke it especially with that cam. It won't let the cam work properly, but if that's what you have to run, then so be it. Ideally if it has to be single, a 3" is the go, would let it breathe much better.

They usually do mate. It's the old "suppose while it's out........." or "since this needs changing I might as well do.......". I learnt with my engine that any change will effect at least half a dozen other thing that either require changing or at least should be changed to take full advantage of the upgrade.

I have a similar setup.

30 thou over with 2v closed chamber heads, XE274 cam, air gap manifold with 750dp.

I had a C4 with 3000 stally & 3.45 rear end.

Also had a 2.5 inch exhaust with try y's.

It moved along nicely.

I am currently making some changes which include match porting, blending the bowls & cleaning up around the guides. 4 into 1 extractors, twin 2.25 exhaust, top loader, 3.9 diff gears & a HP centre for my holly.

Will be interested to see what it does.

Good to know Stu5766. Got the heads back, bolted on, rockers adjusted, extractors bolted on. Want to finish putting it back together tomorrow,and run cam In on Saturday. Thanks Thom for the rockers and pushrods fits perfect.

Thom, I did the cam run in today, then had a quick blast up the street. Now draining the oil and getting ready to start putting inner spring in.

It's not going to get mistaken for a stocky anymore!

Sounds real tough. It will be interesting to see how it goes on the dyno, and then to the drag strip.

Thom, I did the cam run in today, then had a quick blast up the street. Now draining the oil and getting ready to start putting inner spring in.

It's not going to get mistaken for a stocky anymore!

Sounds real tough. It will be interesting to see how it goes on the dyno, and then to the drag strip.

Didnt happen without a vid :D

Good to hear it's all up and running and even better that you like it

It's funny how you get used to some things.

I have the exact same cam & I have heard it idle so much that I've forgotten how cranky it sounds.

I see you have standard tappet covers. Are there rollor rockers hidden under there??

Thom thanks, yes I got the new one out of the glove box.

Stu5766, yes I put the rollers under the standard rocker covers, thought they would work better there.