Server maintenance Read more... ×
bear351c

Snowflake rims - Identification.

Gday fellow ford freaks, can anyone shed some light on the Snowflake rim size, colour, width etc,

I'm thinking of getting a set widened for the rear of the ZL.

Are they all 15"?   Same offset?  Which model has the different centre?  I've seen them with Ghia badges, mesh centres, hub/button shaped centre, gold (assume is XE ESP) I realise I need to sacrifice a pair to make the widened rims.

Snowflake%20centres%20001.png

Snowflake%20centres%20002.png

Snowflake%20centres%20003.png

Cheers Bear.

All the same aside from some early or ESP ones had a different looking area where the spokes meet the wheel.

3 cap types. ESP/Fairlane Sportsman, Ghia, and the later E series ones with the Ford badge.

15x7.

Do it.

With a bit of patience you can get them for next to nothing. I'll keep an eye out.

From what I have been told the early esp wheels the spokes were unmachined but the I think xe xf Ghia spokes were machined like in polsons pic.

All XE ESP rims were unmachined, as were ZL Sportsman.

Maybe EA S Pack were unmachined as well, not fully sure on that.

Ok cheers fellas. Are snowflakes date coded like globes? Guessing the gold centre bear put up in the OP is the correct centre for the gold wheel?

So many variants I beleive they where cast in both oz and Nz. With some esp wheels the cap sits flush some their is step? The grey csps at the top some had the blue ford symbol in the blue. All grey EA , blue ED.

heres the models that i know of that came with the snowflakes

1 xe esp

2 xe ghia

3 xf ghia

4 zl fairlane 87 model 

5 zl fairlane sportsman

6 ea s pac

7 nc III fairlane sportsman

i think thats it. looks like the 91 xf falcon s ute also had em from factory

From what I have been told the early esp wheels the spokes were unmachined but the I think xe xf Ghia spokes were machined like in polsons pic.

All XE ESP rims were unmachined, as were ZL Sportsman.

Maybe EA S Pack were unmachined as well, not fully sure on that.

EA S-Pack were machined but painted silver so appear to be as cast but are just the same as others underneath. I found this out when I paint-stripped my EA S snowies

This makes me think that all snowies are machined but some variants got thick paint so as to give a different look.

EA S-Pack were machined but painted silver so appear to be as cast but are just the same as others underneath. I found this out when I paint-stripped my EA S snowies

This makes me think that all snowies are machined but some variants got thick paint so as to give a different look.

Definitely un-machined, I've stripped a few ESP Snowies. 

So many variants I beleive they where cast in both oz and Nz. With some esp wheels the cap sits flush some their is step? The grey csps at the top some had the blue ford symbol in the blue. All grey EA , blue ED.

I think all Snowies were cast in NZ. The cap sits flush on un-machined Snowies but sits proud on machined Snowies. 

Don't need them quite THAT deep.!!!

Snowflake%20widened%20HO.png

Now thats my type of rim :wub:

Its a shame you don't live closer as i have a set of ea and a set of xe/f ghia ones i'm looking to get rid of

Thanks mate, would like to, but hit a snag....... emailed the Adelaide Wheel Fixxer uppers, and they said, "No, we don't do them." WTF.!! 

Don't ya hate that.??  We roll rims, fix dents, paint, weld, drill.........but NO

Have to try interstate wheel dudes, maybe.