Sign in to follow this  
uterus

proton persona

Hi guys im desperatly seeking 2 exhaust valve rocker arms for a proton persona 2000 model 16 valve single over head cam. Im fixing this lady my daughter and her daughter are best friends. Well her car broke down nearly 12 months ago and I just cant imagine being with out one at all. She has sfa money doing it real tough and I was once in this situtation yearscago and I never got any help from anyone. So I help anyone in this situtation as I know exactly what its like. I can not find these parts in geraldton and I was hoping someone on here may know of someone wrecking one or maybe know where I could get these parts from. Any help would be fantastic guys.

Cheers Wayne.

I do too it just seems to be you mention the word proton and they are like nup sorry mate. :( i havent tried covs yet as normally i dont bother with them but im out of options so that and the proton dealer i found in perth yesterday i hopefully may have sum luck. If not i know of a few cheap registerd cars here in town i may end up getting one for her if this ends up being a dead end.

Aren't they just a rebadged Mitsubishi lancer might have more luck asking for the bits your after if you start scouring Mitsubishi wreckers. Someone correct me if I'm not right on the rebadge deal.lol. Nice work mate and very generous of you helping out someone in  a jamb.

Its hard being in geraldton as I have 2 wreckers to choose from and they are dickheads and I wrang all wreckers in perth and none of them are intrested in helping me :(

The mitsubishi 4g92 engine is the same yes but the exhaust valve rocker arms are different they have a flat plat where the cam hits it the proton has a roller bearing. Not even proton them selves can help me. So im now looking for a cheap car for her.

Ok an update on this I came across a ford fesiva 1992 model no brakes running on 3 cylinders is registered. He wanted $500 I got it for $200 lol I put new spark plugs new leads new oil new filter new coolant new fuel filter fixed the exhaust and new brake pads and bled the brakes its running sweet now, has a little rust on the door frames around the windows so im on the lookout for 2 rear doors if anyone knows of any in perth? But at least now she has a car again. And im now the proud owner of a proton persona as she told me to get rid of it lol so im going to strip bits of it and scrap the rest.

Fuck that ls shit

Everyone wants to put an ls in it.

Oh I got a falcon

Put an ls in it

I got an rx8

Put an ls in it

I got a Honda city

Put an ls in it

I got an oil tanker

Put four ls's in it

I got a starship

Well put one ls on each of the warp nacelles