Sign in to follow this  
Squid

Water on my feet!

I've had water leaking onto my feet when it rains heavily, or when I clean it with the high pressure sprayer!

Any tips on where it could be coming from?

lift the grate where the windscreen wipers are and check down in the corners down near the guards. Use the tip Fordman said about flushing the channel that is at the end of the area under the grate as the are generally the reason for the rust. The other way to check for leak location is put a hose in the grate area and turn on the water slowly the check inside the car to see if you have leaks. If yes then that is a plenum leak (under grate area).

windscreen seal leak it common, usually they leak from the top though and you can see it. (easy fix if they dont break the screen on removal about $60)
rust in the plenum is also common, due to not being cleaned ever and being full of rotting leaves(also behind frond mudguards).. to even see it some times you need to remove the dash entirely..(you'd need to do this to fix it anyway)
i scrapped a few cars in the past due to this rust, in hindsight i should have payed the *(at the time $500 odd) cost to repair them.. it might cost $1000 ish these days.. it might just be blocked drains too.. but at 30years old, rust is likely

So after cleaning it out with the air compressor I found some lovely rust holes post-405-14338215960956_thumb.jpg

Water was still dripping through, even though it seems pretty solid with only surface rust on the drivers side

I found this in my under dash travels 9d5f8a6159688e3abe37300a3e0f6021.jpg

I'm guessing a Bluetooth speaker of some sort, that I didn't put there

lift the grate where the windscreen wipers are and check down in the corners down near the guards. Use the tip Fordman said about flushing the channel that is at the end of the area under the grate as the are generally the reason for the rust. The other way to check for leak location is put a hose in the grate area and turn on the water slowly the check inside the car to see if you have leaks. If yes then that is a plenum leak (under grate area).

Dont do that . you wont like what you find 99% of the time haha

on the right hand side around the vent just above your feet  itl be rotten full of rust an ford in the wisdom put the only planuim drain on that side ,i hope for your sake its only got mud n shit built up in there ,but ill go with rust and rott