FOMOCOHO

SA Historic Registration - Code of Practice

Here is a copy of current SA rules and reg's: effective 1-July 2012 which is going through a revamp now. This is exactly the same as the hard copy I have which is currently under review before undergoing numerous changes. Those changes will probably be released and effective from July 2015.

http://www.fhmcsa.org.au/Assets/code_of_practice_historic.pdf

This is not the sa.gov website, which doesn't work for me...

http://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0017/10439/code_of_practice_historic.pdf

I will update when available.

At the moment a historic vehicle predates 1-January 1979 in SA, unless registration was done for '79-'82 vehicles during the amnesty period some years back (which is not transferrable if the vehicle changes owners under the current code).

Id like to see it setup so that your car qualifies for historic rego without the need to be a member of a car club. Sometimes the bullshit of being a club member far out ways the cost of the rego.

Id like to see it setup so that your car qualifies for historic rego without the need to be a member of a car club. Sometimes the bullshit of being a club member far out ways the cost of the rego.

That's how it works down here in Tassie. Just needs to be 30 years or older, and you get "Special Interest" rego.

I hear that, James.  Politics and BS, will kill any club. No longer belong to any car clubs, because of what you just stated and the flogbag mentality of " that's not an original paint drip, they always hang to the left, cos the wind blew through the factory from the East..."

The club i belonged to had some members who had been there from the day dot. They were always right, they always did the cruises they wanted to do and if any one else offered suggestion they would always shit on the idea.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was when we had a club referendum on shirts and one of the old farts didnt like the outcome. He unfortunately was able to sign cheques for the club and before the next monthly meeting, which was scheduled to review the shirts, withdrew $1200 of the clubs funds and ordered the shirts he wanted. I resigned as secretary at the next months and told them to shove it.

I still see the same club wearing those same fucked shirts and think what a pack of dimwits.

After being in the club for 5 years i doubt one of them could even tell you what car i had. The cars hardly ever rated a mention at any club meeting or function.

yeah i hear you james. i was in a club once. they just become almost like a bikie club, all they really wanted to in the end was get together, talk shit and drink. it became less and less about the cars, and the cruises became few and far between. then it became about having stickers and shirts but there was a behaviour that had to be shown with it which is fine but 24hours a day? nah not interested