Sign in to follow this  
unfamilia

pinion flange query

Cause you guys actually answer questions unlike other forums thought I'd ask here

I've got a new diff to Install. There are 6 different pinion flange combination and finding out what mine was from is nigh impossible to find matching tail Shaft flange.

20150526_194927.jpg

Mine is a round flange with a square bolt hole pattern of 72mm diagonal spacing.

tail Shaft I have is 70mm diagonal spacing.

Photo0040.jpg

This Is diff Shaft is from.

Called a couple diff shops and they said just offset drill new holes through the flange 90 degree off from where they are now. They advised as the tailshaft flange has a locating rib to engage the pinion flange it will be centered so no need for balancing. $200 for one shop to do other said diy as it's a 5 min job.

Any one done this here to offer advice? diff center is already installed in housing. torqued and shimmed to spec. I don't want to up set that.

Why can't you get a tail shaft from whatever the diff flange came from ? Like whats it in now and what did it come out of ?

I'm up grading my diff. now the housing is out of a nissan but the center has been swapped for a detroit locker. The pinion is unknown nissan