63falcon

Harleys falcon and other things

121 posts in this topic

I love this thing. Is the flatty bone-stock or does it have some little hop-ups?

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

surprised you didn't mount the speakers under the parcel shelf and maybe fronts under the dash.. especially with the "stealth" head unit install.. 

that said.. if you are going to add sound, it may as well sound good.

Outback Jack likes this

15 hours ago, gerg said:

I love this thing. Is the flatty bone-stock or does it have some little hop-ups?

Thanks, the flatty is a little warmer then stock, 40 up, mild cam, springs to suit and adjustable lifters. 

gerg and Outback Jack like this

15 hours ago, deankdx said:

surprised you didn't mount the speakers under the parcel shelf and maybe fronts under the dash.. especially with the "stealth" head unit install.. 

that said.. if you are going to add sound, it may as well sound good.

that thought did come up, but would have involved cutting/drilling the body. overall it doesn't look too bad they're the least tacky looking speakers i could find haha. as for the fronts they'll get mounted as high up on the kick panels as possible so their somewhat out of sight. but yes in the end its all about cruising along with the windows down and good tunes pumping. 

No updates on the cars unfortunately. Work commitments for both dad and myself have put a pause on the vicky rewire, both the falcons being held up for other reasons and there's nothing broken with the fairmont, so in my boredom I've gone and got a new daily. 08 G6ET in ego with black leather interior. plan is for this to be the new daily to replace the fairmont.

jde5XnJ.jpg

yXaK155.jpg

ErduV7a.jpg

Its a very clean car, the exterior has the usual dents and scrapes of a 10 year old car but the interior is near perfect and mechanically it hasn't been messed with.

hopefully the next update there will be actual progress on at least one of the cars

cheers.

MNTL.XD, Valvebouncer, gerg and 3 others like this

Far out.......that thing looks mint in the engine bay!  (except the overflow bottle :lol:)

Great score. One of the best looking Fords of the last 10 years.

MNTL.XD and 63falcon like this

9 hours ago, bear351c said:

Far out.......that thing looks mint in the engine bay!  (except the overflow bottle :lol:)

Great score. One of the best looking Fords of the last 10 years.

credit to the last owner, he put a great amount of effort into keeping this thing spotless and it really shows. as for the overflow that'll be one of the few little things on the car to fix to bring it up to the next level

bear351c, deankdx and Outback Jack like this

Finally getting somewhere with the vicky, The wiring loom is finished, braided and in the car, everything works as it should. all that is left to do is wire up the headunit, check over the brakes and put the seats back in temporarily so i can start driving it again before the trimmer is able to take it and finish the seats.

8IdbgGa.jpg

we've fitted an electric fan along with the recored radiator should help keep it cool in traffic 

pFY2oYB.jpg

there's a panel under the dash with a switch to turn them on and off plus the button for the electric fuel pump

e56ovsV.jpg

engine bay loom all finished

V0i4woH.jpg

interior lights now work

NWmerQa.jpg

hidden radio 99% done, just need to make a stop for it and touch up a bit of paint

7FbWB8K.jpg

4uRKFPL.jpg

about 18 months overdue for a wash..

G0cL4Cj.jpg

thats all for now. cheers

dex, MNTL.XD, Ando81 and 3 others like this

gotta love it when things work! 

good to see it's close to finished for summer cruising again

63falcon likes this

been meaning to do an update for a while now. the vicky has been back on the road for about a month now, only a couple problems due to it sitting so long but they're sorted now.

another problem is the overdrive, i was hoping it was electrical appears to be mechanical so next year the gearbox will need to come out to be rebuilt. for now i can drive it around locally without any issues but wont be taking it to bright this weekend like i hoped to then its off to the trimmers next week to get the interior finished off.

first show in 18 months, also the last one with my mates TF he sold it the next day.

vl38XI8.jpg

arriving then parked up with a few mates at johns rod and kustom picnic last weekend

Z0KsxOz.jpg

QfEqO8m.jpg

this one because its as close to showing how bright this colour is in the sun in a photo, its one of those colours that is far more in your face in person haha.

MfHrk4q.jpg

and this is a increasingly common sight, all because of a $20 thermostat this time.

WfhZpFF.jpg

wasn't going to share at first but i'm very proud of this. Maserati ghibli spyder we did at work that I painted won Best Restoration (3rd year in a row for us) and also took Best in its class at Motorclassica, painted in Debeer products its an original maserati colour called Verde Gemma metallic. with a tan leather interior, 4.7L quad cam v8 under the bonnet it sure is an impressive car.

Aam7iLU.jpg

JyGUQpk.jpg

lidTLB0.jpg

kVQn9Ev.jpg

Iop3qzv.jpg

svNHxGD.jpg

ZtO2ooV.jpg

and one happy painter with the trophy and matching shirt 

FgidB2C.jpg

thats all for now hopefully next update will be about a finished interior.

cheers

bear351c, deankdx, gerg and 2 others like this

getting out and enjoying the car and giving others a chance to see some classic iron is awesome.

maserati looks amazing

63falcon likes this

Well deserved award mate, that looks stunning. Bet it was more nerve wracking than painting the boss's car

(me thinks I know where triumph stole the stag from, or was it the other way round lol)

63falcon likes this

9 minutes ago, 2redrovers said:

Well deserved award mate, that looks stunning. Bet it was more nerve wracking than painting the boss's car

(me thinks I know where triumph stole the stag from, or was it the other way round lol)

it first looked like the prototype mustang to Me(other than the windscreen being half height and frameless)

2redrovers likes this

it first looked like the prototype mustang to Me(other than the windscreen being half height and frameless)

Rear end is almost the same as stag, front is a bit different. Prototype mustang would make sense though as I think there was a euro designer involved in that.
gerg and deankdx like this

The Fords of the late 60s and early 70s were very Euro-inspired, so it's no surprise that this Maser inspired many US cars. Also in return, many European cars were starting to look more muscular like the US cars were at the time (Aston-Martin V8 Vantage, Iso Grifo, Lamborghini Espada).

The Ghibli was a Guigiaro design while he was at Ghia, which was later bought by Ford in the 70s.

This Maserati is gorgeous. Interesting colour too, is it factory? Great job on the paint, it's a true art that you're born with the ability to do... it can't simply be learned at that level. I know I'd be shitting bricks on a job with that kind of value. It's only one of 125 Spyders ever made.

Edit: just saw that it was a factory colour. Nice!

63falcon, bear351c and 2redrovers like this

What diff ratio is the vicky? Some of the overdrive cars had real low ratios (mums cuzzo wagon had 4.33 gears) if you have the drop out center style diff I do have 3.25 center, the spider gears are broken but the ring and pinion are fine

On 11/9/2018 at 9:10 AM, gerg said:

The Fords of the late 60s and early 70s were very Euro-inspired, so it's no surprise that this Maser inspired many US cars. Also in return, many European cars were starting to look more muscular like the US cars were at the time (Aston-Martin V8 Vantage, Iso Grifo, Lamborghini Espada).

The Ghibli was a Guigiaro design while he was at Ghia, which was later bought by Ford in the 70s.

This Maserati is gorgeous. Interesting colour too, is it factory? Great job on the paint, it's a true art that you're born with the ability to do... it can't simply be learned at that level. I know I'd be shitting bricks on a job with that kind of value. It's only one of 125 Spyders ever made.

Edit: just saw that it was a factory colour. Nice!

yes factory colour, really makes it stand out compared to the usual red, black, yellow or silver. 

I believe it can be taught, I've only been painting 9 years 6 of those were in general smash before getting into restoration work. All that's needed is passion, good attitude and the ability to listen which most young people leaving school don't have anymore unfortunately.

As for shitting bricks it wasn't too bad, from memory it was about 7 hours in the booth start to finish. think the boss was more stressed out then me haha.

gerg and deankdx like this

On 11/9/2018 at 1:49 PM, bear351c said:

awesome results mate, you should be proud.  Looks great 'off the gun' and even better when polished. Congrats.

Thanks. have to give the credit for the end result to our detailer, undoubtedly one of the best in the country. his ability to turn a great paint job into a spectacular job is second to none.

On 11/9/2018 at 2:21 PM, Thom said:

What diff ratio is the vicky? Some of the overdrive cars had real low ratios (mums cuzzo wagon had 4.33 gears) if you have the drop out center style diff I do have 3.25 center, the spider gears are broken but the ring and pinion are fine

Its got a 4.10 diff in it, fortunately the overdrives are a standard borg warner unit and parts are available to rebuild them. without the OD can still get around up to 80km/h without it revving too hard. if for any reason the OD issue can't be sorted looking at gear ratios will be the next option, or sell it and make it another persons problem haha.