SLO247

Holley rebuild and setup for standard 250

I'm about to order a kit and air cleaner to setup the 350 on the xf. Just a standard motor, I'll be doing the usual extractors and exhaust.

What jets, power valve and squirter? Tried googling but xfalcon is down and had most of the info.

What size air cleaner will fit? 6 3/8 x 2 1/8 OK?

I'll be sure to get a kit with reusable bowl gaskets.

Any tips or advice for a complete carby noob? I've never had one apart.

I think, from memory, i have 60 jets (or there abouts), 8.5 power valve, and a 38 squirter. I think...

I remember when changing the power valve i also bent a thin guitar string into the powervalve holes in the metering block. Acts as a restrictor and i found my car definitely ran better with it in there. Stock apart from carby and exhaust.

I'm about to order a kit and air cleaner to setup the 350 on the xf. Just a standard motor, I'll be doing the usual extractors and exhaust.

Any tips or advice for a complete carby noob? I've never had one apart.

Nice to see you've joined the darkside. :lol:

I think, from memory, i have 60 jets (or there abouts), 8.5 power valve, and a 38 squirter. I think...

I remember when changing the power valve i also bent a thin guitar string into the powervalve holes in the metering block. Acts as a restrictor and i found my car definitely ran better with it in there. Stock apart from carby and exhaust.

Perfect, thanks.

The correct air cleaner is the biggest you can fit. I reckon that size you quoted is pretty small. Try around 10" if you can fit it, or an oval type.

That Holley tune sounds fairly close to stock, which is a great place to start but you need to see what list number you have before settling on a tune or playing with bits of wire in the PVCRs. The info is easy to find in a search.

One way to find out i guess! Probably won't be a problem if it's a drop-base type. 7448 lists as having 61 jets but from memory they have very large PVCRs (dunno exactly) hence bigpaulo's trick of downsizing with guitar strings shoved in. 38 squirters are huge for an engine that size, I'd try the stock 28s first.

if your carful peen the PV restrictions smaller with a nail punch and re drill them 25 thou

9x2 aircleaner will fit if its on a redline manifold

14x2 will fit if ya cut away some of the frame uner the bonnet