Mr Polson

Mr Polson's G6E

398 posts in this topic

what's the kangoo name mean? chinese version of a kangaroo. can you get parts for it? i've never seen one

i drove a Proton Jumbuck once, got its name from bucking over bumps etc.. ..wonder if the kangoo means similar

what's the kangoo name mean? chinese version of a kangaroo. can you get parts for it? i've never seen one
i drove a Proton Jumbuck once, got its name from bucking over bumps etc.. ..wonder if the kangoo means similar

French version of Kangaroo maybe haha. No idea on the name.

Repco do the basic parts for it, things like suspension bushes etc aren't listed though.

It's not a bad thing to drive for a French van. I think they're pretty popular in the UK/Europe, but they haven't taken off here. I see a few Trafics, which is the bigger Renault van, they seem to be replacing Transits for a lot of companies.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah, they're popular in Europe: the Renault Kangoo, the Citroen Jumpy/Peugeot Expert, Volkswagen Caddy are all very similar "compact vans" that are handy, but don't really hold a candle to an Australian panelvan. ;)

A German backpacker friend of mine came to Melbourne for a visit - she drove a VW Polo - and it was actually rather amusing to watch her eyes pop when I pulled up to the airport in the panelvan. "What is this?" she kept asking, so I told her to imagine a Ford Mondeo mating with a VW Caddy. She thought it was awesome, being able to change for the beach in the back with plenty of space, and the backpacker-approved futon to crash on in the back. "Is this a new model? When will it arrive in Europe?" Loved her enthusiasm. :D

Outback Jack likes this

32 minutes ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

You could start a trend.
Refurb'ing and exporting Aussie Panelvans to Europe! :P

Do you know how badly I wanted to ship my old XF panelvan (if I hadn't already written it off) to Europe when I was living there, just to see the reaction of everyone else on the road? :lol:

You could have a game of "Spot the Aussie": anyone not gaping at you as you drive by is an Australian. :D

SPArKy_Dave likes this

1 hour ago, thorne said:

Yeah, they're popular in Europe: the Renault Kangoo, the Citroen Jumpy/Peugeot Expert, Volkswagen Caddy are all very similar "compact vans" that are handy, but don't really hold a candle to an Australian panelvan. ;)

A German backpacker friend of mine came to Melbourne for a visit - she drove a VW Polo - and it was actually rather amusing to watch her eyes pop when I pulled up to the airport in the panelvan. "What is this?" she kept asking, so I told her to imagine a Ford Mondeo mating with a VW Caddy. She thought it was awesome, being able to change for the beach in the back with plenty of space, and the backpacker-approved futon to crash on in the back. "Is this a new model? When will it arrive in Europe?" Loved her enthusiasm. :D

Thats the way ,,

introduce foreign backpackers to the 1970/80's Australian mothers worry ,,

the panelvan with a matress ,,!! 

thorne and Outback Jack like this

Yeah, they're popular in Europe: the Renault Kangoo, the Citroen Jumpy/Peugeot Expert, Volkswagen Caddy are all very similar "compact vans" that are handy, but don't really hold a candle to an Australian panelvan. 

There's also the Holden Combo.

I'd love a Falcon panelvan as a work vehicle, but they're deemed too old, plus they wouldn't have the required safety features. And probably other reasons exist too.

would be the ideal We CAN Help you! slogan if they got XH panos and fitted air bags, and all the other crap off a fairlane etc(ABS and whatever) and used a fixed up old car.. 

i suppose it needs ESP now.. so fit some gold snowflakes for that and sheels and bilstiens.. will be safe then

dex and Ando81 like this

would be the ideal We CAN Help you! slogan if they got XH panos and fitted air bags, and all the other crap off a fairlane etc(ABS and whatever) and used a fixed up old car.. 

i suppose it needs ESP now.. so fit some gold snowflakes for that and sheels and bilstiens.. will be safe then
Need ABS, TCS/ESP, dual airbags and reverse sensors. Air conditioning is also a requirement (for OHS)

3 minutes ago, Mr Polson said:

Need ABS, TCS/ESP, dual airbags and reverse sensors. Air conditioning is also a requirement (for OHS)

i reckon all that would be easy to fit to an XH pano for cheaper than a new kangoo and be good for 1,000,000kms using repco service parts
EF or EL had dual airbags, reverse sensor repco sells, air con XH had, ABS should be doable using EF stuff.. surely ESP cant be hard to integrate for a nerd

lets put it this way, i bet mighty car mods could make it happen. and we know how good they are

Most of those Repco 'requirements' are easy...

Just find yourself an ex-divvy van XH panelvan.
They were all factory fitted with Aircon, Drivers Airbag and ABS brakes.

Reverse sensors/beeper/camera could easily be added aftermarket. :)

Push your case forward as a retro-revival vehicle, for promotional purposes - decked out in 1990's Repco signage! :P

deankdx likes this

As cool as it would be, they also like a modern fleet. The last BA ute we had was sold simply because it was getting too old.

The other big issue I see with XH would be head gasket. No way would they pay for that.

Maintain it properly, and you shouldn't do a head gasket.
Late XH's had the hybrid OHC too - AU internal's.

Nothing wrong with a tidy XG or XH.
They've aged heaps better than B-series IMO.

Plus, a proper OHC head gasket replacement, is cheaper than replacing one Diesel injector.

Heaven help them, if they had to replace a turbo or injector pump on one of their Diesel's! :o

Valvebouncer likes this

4 hours ago, deankdx said:

Hahahahahaha ,,,

classic ,,!!!! 

14 hours ago, Mr Polson said:

As cool as it would be, they also like a modern fleet. The last BA ute we had was sold simply because it was getting too old.

The other big issue I see with XH would be head gasket. No way would they pay for that.

but they are happy to supply parts for old cars because it makes sense... 

the "too old " part would be related to depreciation Vs resale value more than age itself..  i'd like to see a parts company grow a pair and run a fleet of old cars using the parts they supply.. 
LOOK, WE ARE IN THE PARTS INDUSTRY, AND STOCK PARTS TO KEEP OUR AGING AUSTRALIAN MADE CAR FLEET RUNNING FOREVER. 
Trust us to keep your Australian made car running longer than any new overseas manufactured car(rust excluded)

thorne, dex and Outback Jack like this

so anyway, 
this will keep the G6E kms down, surely the driveway is full of cars properly now. have to book a scheduled drive to keep them all mobile

so anyway, 
this will keep the G6E kms down, surely the driveway is full of cars properly now. have to book a scheduled drive to keep them all mobile
Yeah driveway is very full.

Plan to share the driving of the ute and G6E across each Saturday (I work Saturdays but don't need the work car for weekend so will take one of mine, it's only a 50km round trip)e12c911c6f512e46f9860ddaee2a559c.jpg

deankdx and dex like this

G6E got a Snow Job Friday night before a trip to work on Saturday, was Repco's "Show and Shine" day today, so figured I'd better have the shiny car parked at work. ddb3a9d2f35df313d57ee7026858f389.jpg5f70b0d4002c6b9e82cf0c3b32524bce.jpg944cd2bb5057169b55745a0d9f5db2f8.jpg

LTD083 and dex like this

Geez fuel has gotten pricey lately! $100 for a tank of 98 today! First time I've filled this up since October though.

Every time I get back in this (or one of the XFs) I have to remember indicators are the right hand side.

b49f83733ccdc052d4bc09a4d7ca157d.jpg

LTD083 likes this