blackxd

inlet manifolds

any got any suggestions on diff brands and types of minifolds please.

i want to run a single plane not a big fan of the wieand excelerator. motor is nothing to hot was thinking along the lines of the rpm air gap but its dual plane

Hey mate, there are some good comparisons on YouTube with manifolds, one where an air gap with one inch spacer out performs a single plain on mild motor build.

Im a windsor fan, dont know why??? But most of the 393/408 stroker windsors around the 500 hundy all seem to run the airgap. Its only 1.25hp per cube, not a huge ask for these days.

I didn't think they make a victor junior for the clevo, just the Windsor.

You have the performer or the air gap as choices from edelbrock

Was just gonna say the same thing. did a look up on the edelbrock website and they only list them for windsors.

i was told the redline are crap, they have no development, holley do a single plane, dont know how good they are, why dont you like the xcellerator? and the performer will work well, is your car man or auto

Im a big fan of the tfc on a couple of engines I've seen/ used them on they seem to hold their own down low against most dual planes, but theyve mainly been on strokers

TFCs are a top manifold, but as i said, the Air Gap is probably the best for <500hp 2v's theres plenty of guys using them for a reason.

this is a dyno (power at the wheels) with a 383, crower 284r, CHI 2v's, off the shelf Paceys, Air gap manifold, and a Pro systems carb

post-63-0-49221800-1365065013_thumb.jpg

yeah but airgap is dual plane and engine builder recommending single

I have a 351 with 4V valves fitted in my 2V c/c heads. Has a Crane 536/563 cam and I run a Performer on it with a 750 Street HP.

I tried a Weiand X-celerator 7516 on it and I lost a fair bit of torque from take off but gained at mid to top end. Went back to my Performer and I'm a lot happier.

Andy.