BGDAV

charcoal canister - can remove? or use another?

whats everyone's opinions on the charcoal canister ? i haven't run one for awhile, is it able to be deleted? is it a bad idea? i know the theory behind them it takes gas's from the fuel etc - is anyone running a smaller one ? its big and bulky and would prefer it out of the bay 

You can disconnect them without any negative side effects (other than the environment, but fuck mother nature, bitch has been getting away with stuff for too long) as far as I know.

However you'll need to actually have one there and looking like it's actually hooked up for the car to be roadworthy.

IIRC it's just a bunch of vapour lines from the fuel tank (without them it just vents to atmosphere, yay!) and a couple of vacuum lines inside the engine bay.

I could be wrong though. It's been known to happen... A lot.

Yeah just make sure you sort out some sort of ventilation for the tank. Don't just remove the hole and plug the fitting (that's bad mmmkay). The guy that owned my XD before me just cut the lines about 30cm from where it comes out of the tank. Does the job but if you fill the tank past the first click you end up standing in a puddle of petrol :lol:

Or relocate it under the guard.??  In SA, you must have one, hooked up, and at least looking like it works. If it came out the factory with it, you must have it, even it did jackshit.  Different in other states.

Wonder if that applies to the Energy Polariser? :blink:  :blink:

:lol:  :D Bwah ha ha ha ......stop it, laughing too much,,   :lol:   can't breathe....... :lol:  :D  :P

thanks for that ! im looking at a VE one to put at the rear of the car some where they are very compact

No worries BGDAV, they fit in behind the guard without rubbing, i'm actually surprized it's not a very common procedure to put them there. I'm not sure on the legalities of changing canisters to those of a different model/design, i guess if they're securely fitted outside the cabin and hooked up there shouldn't be a problem.