I once used thé base of a bottle jack to smack the steering arm up & off the pitman arm. But ill get a pitman arm puller cos i dont have that bottle jack anymore.

Just finished removing the whole PS sysrem now im about to put in the new well second hand new manual steering box but the steering column is a bit short can i lever it or smack it out abit or do i need a steering column out of a non PS car?

Got it done, i was able to lever one part of the the flange out enough to get one of the nut & bolt on & did it up a little bit then was able to squeeze the coupler & flange together enough to get the second nut & bolt on & start tightening them up nothing was gentle about the whole process. Now just need to put the steering linkage back on the pitman arm & im done.

Is it the shape ,,or spline ,, or something that is different on p/s to manual pitman arms ,?

Scored a new one in the box ,, but the part number is rubbed off from being in the cupboard ..

Is it the shape ,,or spline ,, or something that is different on p/s to manual pitman arms ,?

Scored a new one in the box ,, but the part number is rubbed off from being in the cupboard ..

Spline is different 

Well bugger ,,!

Went up to visit mr polson to grab an idler arm ,,

Tried the new pitman arm i got , up against the new power steer pitman arm repco sell .

Different , spline ,, the 4 large teeth are thicker/wider . And the spline is a just noticeable corser pitch .

Bugger ,,

Oh well ,, first two steps to the full front end rehash on the ltd

Yeah , lengths seemed same same ,,

As with the curve ..

Needed both there to spot it .

Just would have been a bugger to pull ol knackered one out to find the freebie didnt fit .