Server maintenance Read more... ×
Mikgan

Airbagged falcon

I can't see any other way to sit on the sills when parked other than a 4link .

Not sure if you could do coil overs like an xe etc

I'm not sure if its possible as all my falcons are leaf rear

You may also need to raise the trans tunnel to avoid the tailshaft hitting when down

From reading what mcfly linked there you need to install a 4link or notch the rails to get it sitting on the sills. But sit it on it's sills I will **shakes fist at the sky** Mine is an XE but its got disc brake leaf, go figure, not entirely sure on the history of the car before I got it, I think it's a "bits-a".

the thing you could do with the rear leaf is remove all but the 2 longest springs ,then weld ther bag mounts to the body ,and bolt the stopper for the bags to the diff.i did this in a xg ute for a guy,and it gets it low

I want a 2 door early/mid 70's Monte Carlo on hydraulics TBH aswell.RHS and some down Mexican lowrider themed paint...mmmmm

Anyway I found Glen Rulic @ Air Ride to be awesome.We use to buy bags and stuff off him for trailer/crates and stuff and his service was 2nd to none.Try yarning him up bro...

From reading what mcfly linked there you need to install a 4link or notch the rails to get it sitting on the sills. But sit it on it's sills I will **shakes fist at the sky** Mine is an XE but its got disc brake leaf, go figure, not entirely sure on the history of the car before I got it, I think it's a "bits-a".

So xd with a xe front ?

I hope I dont appear to be condescending, but in Sedans, only XD came out with Leafs springs, so it isn't an XE.

As Steve says, it might just be XD with XE front.

Check you ID tags in the enginebay, it should say.

I cant help but think the worst when I see this, You dont know the history, You dont know that only XDs have leaf springs. I really hope someone hasn't done you over and sold you something plated wrong, unplated or reshelled a stat writeoff.

Check the plates and let us know

Chaise

I hope I dont appear to be condescending, but in Sedans, only XD came out with Leafs springs, so it isn't an XE.

As Steve says, it might just be XD with XE front.

Check you ID tags in the enginebay, it should say.

I cant help but think the worst when I see this, You dont know the history, You dont know that only XDs have leaf springs. I really hope someone hasn't done you over and sold you something plated wrong, unplated or reshelled a stat writeoff.

Check the plates and let us know

Chaise

Plates in the bay say '82 XE Falcon. I've owned the car for 10+ years now so whatever it is it doesn't bother me. I've run the numbers through the online databases and it says nothing too out of the ordinary so don't think its a reshell, but what evs. The only hint that something might be odd is (other than leaf rear) that I purchased what I believed to be an XE front lip and it's about 2inches too long for the front spoiler so it had me wondering for a while now. I thought XE's and XD's had the same front dimensions.. thoughts?

Mite be time to get some pics of your car up including the diff assembly bro...

Shame I hope it all works out for you and don't want any bad shit to come from it for you.

Mite be time to get some pics of your car up including the diff assembly bro...

Shame I hope it all works out for you and don't want any bad shit to come from it for you.

All good mate.

Back on topic I have emailed a bunch of suppliers a few months back and never got a peep so I shot another email to the guys at Air Ride, will see how we go.

I brought my stuff from Charles in act . It was simple but had massive travel up and down . Air rides not worth it IMO and at the end of the day you can't drive bags low. And who wants to drive around high . I removed the bags went back to springs went lower than I did with bags in the back . But all the time. I could make another kit like mine was if I had interest.

I brought my stuff from Charles in act . It was simple but had massive travel up and down . Air rides not worth it IMO and at the end of the day you can't drive bags low. And who wants to drive around high . I removed the bags went back to springs went lower than I did with bags in the back . But all the time. I could make another kit like mine was if I had interest.

Oh so your the bloke that scored Charlies kit. Yeah I've been torn on the idea for a while, I don't want to drive around at any different height that it is right now, just when its parked I'd like to slam it. What was the lowest that you could get yours when parked with no air?