Panko

Injectors for EFi cross flow

Chris, other way. I get surge going left hand turns.

I can tell you now, the miss is electronic. I can basically time when it start, and when it stops. Once at running temp, it runs like a dream. Has loads of torque and power and returns decent consumption.

Thats why i said above i think the head needs doing up. It doesnt blow smoke, it doesnt use any oil between changes.

Okay im here.

WRT to injectors, All injectors fitted factory to falcons are interchangeable. Bosch only make 2 body style for OEM, the long and short. All falcons use the same length o-ring to o-ring and same electrical connector between EV6 (thin body 4hole pintle) and EV1 (fat steel body, single hole pintle) injectors.

You might be able to upgrade your injectors form the 19lb to the 21lb with only a small drop in economy. But to go to the 25lb i would EXPECT that you will need to hook a wideband EGO up then open up the MAF box and wind the spring up a couple notches to return AFR's to where they should be. I have not done this so it might not go down that way.

If you want to boost then i recommend an aftermarket ECU. It will future proof the car so to speak. (megasquirt 2?) If your already having issues with surge then you should look into upgrading your boost pump to something that can deal out 2lpm and feed that into a ~1L surge tank then use something similar to the walbro gsl392 pushing against some 32lb EV6 injectors.
That will ensure your safe.

If your having issues with the engine then leave it all stock for now. With comp that low and uneven across the cylinders i say it's time to pull the head. Take a look at what your dealing with.
You dont need to do an injector swap. Get yourself one of these nasty ass bosch recondition kits: (Link supplied For example only)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bosch-EV1-EV6-Fuel-Injector-Reconditioning-Kit-/311333495481?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item487cec22b9

and pull your injectors out, Strip them down. Take em to a place that can do it and have them ultrsonically bathed. Flow test as well if you want. You should be able to drop the injectors off and pick em up a couple hours later. Then put the new pintle caps and filters on.
Otherwise, just get an exchange set. If the shop is reputable then any exchange set they supply will be cleaned and flow tested. Injectors are pretty hardy, there is not much that can go wrong with them.

Thanks crazy.

Yeah i think for now ill go with a slight step up with injectors, an oem pump (thanks chris i now understand how im getting fuel surge).

Ive got another E2 head that i want to get done up anyway. For now while the car is N/A i figure i keep it close to stock.

When i turbo it, i think id rather spend the money all then to do the whole upgrade together with the turbo conversion, rather than do bits of it now and bits later.

As for ECU ill try get a response from Stinger performance in the US. If that fails, ill enquire about getting someone to build a megasquirt for me

id use a stock unmarked head for boost so your comp ratio is low id look at the engine 40psi drop in a bank is a real stuffed valve or a broken piston ring when mine toasted a ring it still had more comp then yours

rule of thumb is 3psi boost is 1 point of compresstion so 9 points comp and 6psi boost is about 11 to 1

Well yeah thats why i want to check the head. The head has never been touched, after being on dual fuel LPG for 6 years. It used to blow smoke on either fuel with the LPG system fitted.

Now back on ULP only, it doesnt blow smoke. Occasionally when im pushing it hard.

Ive just been helping a mate with a 62 morris 850 mini, and basically on cylinder 3 made half the comp again, because of the tappet clearences being wrong, and timing out.

Im happy to say my timing is fine, but the head unsure. Sure the bottom end isnt 100% but id think is be having more issues if i had burnt or broken rings.

aaron with the injectors gotta find out if xflow ones are low impedance or high impedance so you cantry and run standard ecu