SirkWhyXF

Simmons FR-1 20'su

Simmons fr1 gold or silver on the xf  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Gold or Silver?

So I've decided I'm buying a nice new set of nice new Simmons FR 1 piece wheels, deciding on wheels has been completely doing my head in to be honest but at least I've settled on the design.

But i cant for the life of me choose between Gold or Silver.

I've always like gold Simmons fr's, and I think they give the car a cool sorta retro look.

XF%20FR1%20gold%20tuck_zpsmvdqhq7b.jpg

On the other hand the silver gives a nice clean fresh look and a bit more classy I guess

XF%20FR1%20silver%20tuck_zpskokymdx4.jpg

but can't decide whether they look too plain or the gold is too look at me :(

Maybe you lot can help sway my decision...

I like contrast, so gold or that gun metal grey colour, not silver though.

The one piece don't come in the gunmetal colour unfortunately only the three piece, which are also three times the price! Nearly.

I think they both look good in either colour but why 20's?

They a big wheel. 18's is as big as id go but of cause its not my wheel or choice.

Toss a coin heads for gold, tails for silver.

I dont think you will go wrong.  :)

I know 20's on x series aren't everyone's cup of tea, but i do like the look. I had the 19's on there before and i little bigger would be better imo,

Saying that i do like smaller wheels e.g. snowies, convos, weld star pros in 15's, and i like the look with 18's too. I'm gonna keep an eye out over the next few years for some second hand 18" Avant Garde m220's which are a mesh rim, a one peice copy of HRE 501 3 piece wheels which are like 1500 a wheel, i really like the idea of but not sure enough to fork out a couple of grand for a brand new set.

I'm starting to see them on beemers a bit which i think are the same stud pattern, offset would be wrong im sure, but with some adapters and at the right price second hand id like to try and find a set to ad to the collection.

Theses ones

M220-Machine-Silver-lay-3000_zpslisc5yct

And i really want to track myself down a set of 17" terri chasers like XES has just thrown on his XE, but silver with chrome dress rings and a thin redwalled tyre, a modern take on the old s pac style.

Yes i have issues... but i don't think im the only one :)

Id go with the silver classy but not to look at me

You know what mate, i agree with you completely. That's the look ive always been after with this thing, clean and classy. But for some reason i just can't help but want the gold ones, doesn't make any sense to me cause they're so bloody loud and obnoxious, i can't explain why but i just want em.

Fuck it, its too late anyway. Ive already got the guy putting tyres on a set of gold ones and im picking em up tomorrow.

Say hi to my buddy wes while your there, ask him when he is coming out of hiding LOL

Yeah i pm'd him on xfalcon a couple of days ago and haven't heard anything back? He's at top class tyres? With the MC racing stuff?

Im actually getting these of a guy who i think is just getting em in bulk from tempe and onselling them at a better price.

Gold or not gold depends on the colour of the car. I don't think the gold really goes with the silver paint, shame that the gunmetal isn't available in what you want. You could always paint them later I suppose. Choosing wheels is agonising.

You could decide on one style then change your mind next week and again the week after.

How much did you end up paying for the simmons fr's?

I found some others that look just as good and are like half the price?!?

Im keen on getting some simmons for my BA but I dont have the dosh to fork out for these wheels.

How much did you end up paying for the simmons fr's?

I found some others that look just as good and are like half the price?!?

Im keen on getting some simmons for my BA but I dont have the dosh to fork out for these wheels.

2150 with tyres. They're the one piece, not the three piece.

Are the others you are referring to, MC racing wheels?