XFH00N

XG fuel tank into XFute

Hi all,

Im just fitting a XG fuel tank into my XF ute and am just wondering what the 3 wires off the XF fuel tank go to (Black, Red, Green/Yellow) and what do I connect the 4 wired to off the XG tank? I am also swapping the dash over to the XG one. Also my XF is a 91model with the carby.

There is a Black and also Yellow off the fuel sender so would the black just be an earth and yellow signal to the gauge? Then off the fuel pump there is a Black and a Red so is the black a earth and Red 12v switched/ignition?

Are you trying to put the Auxiliary tank out of an Outback ute into an XF? (The one in an XG-XH that sits behind the driver) , if so, there is a whole complete fuel pump relay set up and valve required the change between the two.

If you are changing dashes to XG, you may as well see if you can get the XG main tank with senders and all the wiring and change over valve.

The XG's are fuel injected, so the in tank fuel pump has too much pressure for your carby, will blow past the needle and seat.

The XF (carby) , single tank and the XG Outback (Injected) , dual tank fuel systems are not interchangable without modding pumps and having a tank selector solenoid.

I have all the wiring diaghrams for the XG Outback but it won't match up to the XF's wiring, even the fuel guages  and senders are different.

Jack.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 7:04 AM, Outback Jack said:

Are you trying to put the Auxiliary tank out of an Outback ute into an XF? (The one in an XG-XH that sits behind the driver) , if so, there is a whole complete fuel pump relay set up and valve required the change between the two.

If you are changing dashes to XG, you may as well see if you can get the XG main tank with senders and all the wiring and change over valve.

The XG's are fuel injected, so the in tank fuel pump has too much pressure for your carby, will blow past the needle and seat.

The XF (carby) , single tank and the XG Outback (Injected) , dual tank fuel systems are not interchangeable without mudding pumps and having a tank selector solenoid.

I have all the wiring diagrams for the XG Outback but it won't match up to the XF's wiring, even the fuel gauges  and senders are different.

Jack.

I not long ago had to swap out the old XF tank for XG, this is a per curser to a EFI swap later on. Also I had to get it in before the space cab mod, as it will not be removable afterwards.

I did have the problem of over pressurization, was a bit weird to see the amount of fuel that can be forced through the main jets, lol..

This is how I have overcome the problem, for the time it takes to fit the EFI motor & front loom..

Fuel regulator is set to 3.5psi,  return line feeds excess back to the tank

IMG_1398 web.JPG