Sign in to follow this  
SirkWhyXF

20 x 10 inch on XF?

Anything is possible, but without lots and lots of work I would say no they dont fit. 8.5 on the front wont fit as it will hit suspension and rub on guard and bumper. 10 on the back will do the same as the front. Have a play around on this site http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp use your current setup on the left then new setup on the right and it will tell you the difference between the 2.

For it to possibly maybe work you would need standard height suspension, rolled guards, trimmed bumpers, probably flairs and someway of getting the wheel away from the suspension

It is hard enough fitting a 275 tyre on a 10 inch rim on a ute which as more room than a sedan and the fronts will be just far to wide. Plenty of wheels out there are are just not quite right to fit an x series its quite annoying

20x 8.5's definately do fit on the front. Mine has them all round and tyre is almost under the guard with no rubbing and no mods to get them to fit. Although only running a 235 tyre on front. Unsure about the 10 on the rear though.

10 inch wide with a 0 offset fit on the rear of an XD, and 8 on the front no problem.

The tubs should be identical between the XD & XF.

xf347 what offset did you use to fit the 8.5's on the front, what was it like on full lock? When you say just out was any of the tread showing? Also do you remember the whole tyre size?

NZ yeah xd is leaf sprung rear where as xf is coil spring and has the upper and lower arms to contend with.

4.5 inch backspace, no rubbing anywhere on full lock. I have 2 inch drop stubs and super low springs. Wheels also fit with standard stub axles and SSL's. Tyres are 235/30R20's from memory.

Hmmm...

I know 20x8.5 with a 245 30 I think will fit on the front with +6 offset, not sure what that means as far as back space goes, cause that's what the new Simmons fr1 20" are for pre au which I think I will be going for since it sounds like these won't fit. And 9.5 on the rear with a 275 tyre.

I was running 19x8 on the front previously with a 245 30 I think with ultra low kings and had no issues with clearance of anything, that is a 19 though.

4.5 inch backspace, no rubbing anywhere on full lock. I have 2 inch drop stubs and super low springs. Wheels also fit with standard stub axles and SSL's. Tyres are 235/30R20's from memory.

What rim offset / tyre Size you running on the rear?

20x 8.5's definately do fit on the front. Mine has them all round and tyre is almost under the guard with no rubbing and no mods to get them to fit. Although only running a 235 tyre on front. Unsure about the 10 on the rear though.

sorry just read this and realised you'd already said you weren't sure.

Well there you go obviously the tyre size is key more than offset. 235 on 8.5inch wide rim would be stretched look? And sorry to ask but was the tread visable outside the 1/4 panel arch?

The tyre is very slightly stretched but not much at all. No tread hangs out the edge of the quarter panel, it just fits under.

Mate, just trying to order wheels at the moment , just got off the blower with the wheel shop and with 20x8.5s front and 20x9.5s rear he is recommending 235 35s fornt and 255s rear.

Just wondering if you thing you would fit a 245 on the front without rubbing as i said i had 19s with 245 35 no probs so thinking a 245 30 20  should fit.

And pretty sure you've got 9.5 on the rear yes?  what tyre are you are you running on those, i wanna try get a 275 30 in there.

Mate, just trying to order wheels at the moment , just got off the blower with the wheel shop and with 20x8.5s front and 20x9.5s rear he is recommending 235 35s fornt and 255s rear.

Just wondering if you thing you would fit a 245 on the front without rubbing as i said i had 19s with 245 35 no probs so thinking a 245 30 20  should fit.

And pretty sure you've got 9.5 on the rear yes?  what tyre are you are you running on those, i wanna try get a 275 30 in there.

Mate I've got 8.5's all round , looking at mine they fit easy on the back and I would say 9.5's would fit but offset would have to be spot on. I don't think 245/ 30's would fit on the front of my car, it might just rub in a few places. But the front is lower than you can go without drop stubs so unsure if they would fit with standard stub axles and SSL's.

Mate I've got 8.5's all round , looking at mine they fit easy on the back and I would say 9.5's would fit but offset would have to be spot on. I don't think 245/ 30's would fit on the front of my car, it might just rub in a few places. But the front is lower than you can go without drop stubs so unsure if they would fit with standard stub axles and SSL's.

Ahh no worries, thanks mate. Thought i remembered reading you were running 9.5s on the back, must have just imagined that one, i tend to do that... 

Now that I'm home I can use the above link that I put in my first post in this thread.

Putting 235/30/20 on 8.5 inch rim with 0 offset(4.8 inch backspace) and comparing it to 185/75/14 on 6inch rim with +6 offset the 20inch setup is only 19mm closer to the suspension, 31mm further out towards the guard and 16mm increase in rolling diameter.

If the only change is 245/35/20 to the above it is 24mm closer to suspension, 36mm further out towards the guard but 46mm increase in rolling diameter. The rolling diameter increase it where you run into the rubbing on guards/ bump issues.

Also according to the above link 8.5 inch rim with 4.5 inch backspace is actually -6 offset, so putting that into the above link is

235/30/20 8.5 rim inch with -6 offset(4.5inch backspace) comparing to 185/75/14 6 inch rim with +6 offset  20 inch setup is 13mm closer to suspension, 37mm further out towards the guard and still 16mm increase in rolling diameter.

235/30/20 8.5 inch rim with +6 offset (5 inch backspace) comparing as above 20 inch setup is 25mm closer to suspension, 25 mm further out closer to guard and rolling diameter doesn't change.