XFGHIA747

XG T5 gearbox behind bf 4l can it be done?

Hi Lads

Just wanting to know weather a xg or (e series) t5 will bolt up to bf block as iv got a mate selling one cheap wanting to know if it will work with the barra. cheers if so what needs to be done with the clutch plate? run the e series with the ba bf pressure plate?

cheers guys

AFAIK, you'll need an au or ba bellhousing (au for cable clutch, ba for hydraulic clutch) e series will bolt to the block but won't bolt to the sump (e series use the support and brackets and au on bolt to the sump) what I don't know is if bf/fg (Campo or tpak addict may be able to answer) is the same pattern on the sump as ba

As Thom said you will need an AU T5 bell housing or you can still run a e series bell housing like i have done on mine for the past year but you won't be able to use the bottom bolts. The BA/BF pressure plate is different and cannot be used with a cable clutch setup, you need to use a E series to AU clutch. Also as a reference guide AU to FG run the same bell housing pattern.

Thanks for the info lads will get onto a au t5 bellhousing then and run the cable setup. Or is it better to setup a hydraulic one ? I guess using all the original stuff is alot easier..

Cable is easy as. Hydraulic is prob better if you plan on running a super heavy clutch or something but its a lot of stuffing around

Yeah thats it, na at this stage im keen on just getting it in there haha ? Might supercharge one day that would be awesome. But for now stock na cable will be fine..