93xf

Turbo 4.0l SOHC into TD

Just wondering what major modifications are involved in fitting a turbo 4L SOHC  into a td corty engine bay (firewall, heater box, trans tunnel, sump etc etc.)

Also, is there any difference between the trans tunnels on a manual vs auto TD  in terms of fitting a C4?

If it has been covered before could someone point me to where?

If your going go this route, i would strongly suggest using a DOHC  Barra engine as the turbo setup will be already there, much better engine for pretty my the same amount of work.

I dont think sohc is to be under-estimated. Alot of bits are made for them and if your after a simpler setup you cant go wrong. On the other hand, dohc have alot going for them too. Turbo cortinas are awesome, goodluck with the swap

Bash the passanger floor in with a sledge hammer and it will fit but the sump you will have to make

twin cam engine has a windmill yes will it fit into a Cortina no you will have to remake the mainfolds sump will not clear anything theres a fair bit to it and not a conversion for the faint hearted

just boost the crossy

Bash the passanger floor in with a sledge hammer and it will fit but the sump you will have to make

twin cam engine has a windmill yes will it fit into a Cortina no you will have to remake the mainfolds sump will not clear anything theres a fair bit to it and not a conversion for the faint hearted

just boost the crossy

what other mods are needed for the 4.0? Would a serpentine setup work in a TD? with manual steering and no aircon.. or do you need the v belts?

what intake manifold fits?