ando76

The Mad Scientist Crossflow

good to see some more progress

i'm interested in seeing if that stone guard under the tarp lasts better than it would if just clear coated heavier..

I would expect it to. Despite being water based the septone stuff dries good and hard. I'm using straight colour so no clear and by the time I'm finished that top section will have a fair few coats on.

I done this on my ute when it went blue, sorry to say it hasn't actually helped much.

Can't remember what brand I used, and to be honest I don't think there was heaps of clear used.

Ok. The old dude a few sheds up got a tonneau off eBay and it's damn good on the inside. Got a really soft lining. Been on his ute for coup,S of years now with not issue. Think I'll order one the same.

Ok. The old dude a few sheds up got a tonneau off eBay and it's damn good on the inside. Got a really soft lining. Been on his ute for coup,S of years now with not issue. Think I'll order one the same.

Could you put up a link? There are so many claiming to be good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new one I got for my ute was off ebay for $119 I think.

All around the edge it has a soft felt underlining. It even came with viynl sleeves for the bars

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The old boy got a couple of two piece items thrown in with his tonneau. And no I didn't get the brand today. Damn $10,000 to win burnout competition on this weekend and everyone has left their shit to the last minute. Arghhh.

On the subject of tonneau covers, please complete the following sentence.

Tonneau cover torsion bars are likely to be found at _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _

Somewhere that can bend 10mm rod lol

With the business really kicking goals, it has taken way longer than I first anticipated but it finally lives. For those that don't follow the business Facebook page the reason for the sudden motivation to finish it is my wife and I have entered Targa Great Barrier Reef and we are doing it in the ute!!!!

Being complete novices we are entered in the TSD class (time speed distance).  This allows a max speed of 130km/h but doesn't require a cage or half cage. Penny is keen to learn rally Nav so it will be a good starting point where we can still give the old girl some currie. 

Rules dont allow boost so the low comp head went and I stuck the original head off old faithful on to bump the comp up a bit. She now has 10.9:1 and seems to enjoy it. The original plan of this build was to do upgrades along the way and post results and that hasn't changed. I've got a series of intake manifolds and carbs to try and I'll post the result up on here as well as on the business page. 

Anyway as you can see from the vid vid I still have to finish painting the old girl but at least all the rust is cut and she is reasonably straight. I plan to drive the wheels off this thing next year.  Can't wait. 

4 hours ago, deankdx said:

what's the business facebook page?

as if i needed more distractions.. but love this kind of project, made out of leftovers and spare time

sounds tough! 

Tonys Metal and Speed. There is some cool clevo in chev rat rod in there to distract you. Enjoy. 

6 hours ago, gerg said:

Gotta see this thing used in anger

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Yeah. Keen to finish it off and head to the dyno. I don't care if the panels aren't on it. I just want to see what it makes. Lol.