tpak addict

SA Cruise's and Events

Hey guys,

Would be good to see everyone out and about on some OzFalcon events here in SA.

If you have any Cruise idea's or know of any upcoming events place them here....

We need cruises that can also involve the whole family as well (BBQ in a Park etc) that are cheap to do.....

Somewhere in the hills. I like hill roads and atmosphere better. Not a big fan of traffic, traffic lights and city roads, except if we go to u-pull-it :)

Especially if I have to get an x-series going. If it breaks down I won't have to worry about the 20 pissed off motorists behind me!

Maybe an event should be to a touristy type event or location, obviously 'rug-rat' friendly. It is suprising how many undiscovered attractions there are in the hills.

Some people will travel for hours on planes interstate but haven't seen anything right on their doorstep.

Let's tick them all off the list in x-series!

I like the idea of a cruise. Not to the Hills for me though. Still i dont really care where we go.

BBQ good, playground good, somewhere for the WAGS to congregate and crap on to.

Barossa is always a good destination or Mannum. depending on time on cash!

Theres a couple of good parks at Victor Harbour with electric bbqs. One by the caravan park that know one ever seems to use with a toilet block and decent carpark as well.

Mannum has electric ones as well down the recreation ground, it gets busty there though.

I keep forgetting a have an XH which is reliable. Just happens to be garaged at home-home in country 700km away! (ran out of shed here)

Barossa is good.

Went to Willunga swap meet few months ago (waste of time) but coming back through McLaren Vale was worse than Picadilly in the rush hour. It was bumber to bumper, couldn't believe it for a Sunday 11.30am. Just wanted out of there.

So somewhere not so popular as Victor would be good.

Theres a couple of good parks at Victor Harbour with electric bbqs. One by the caravan park that know one ever seems to use with a toilet block and decent carpark as well.

Mannum has electric ones as well down the recreation ground, it gets busty there though.

I don't mind busty but I hate busy :)

i like busty, James you worry me!

i dont mind, will have to choose car depending on destination.

i only have 2 x series registerable road going at the moment, both havent been driven on the road for 12months minimum so i would have to work it out as we go along, that is unless i pick something else up which is quite possible at the moment as i have the itch. but happy to still cruise even if i have to take the AU, BF, Ranger or FG instead.

Sundays work better for me and as much notice the better to give the tag along notice to get time off of work

I will try and give as must notice as I can....

I like swap meets, so maybe can organise one or 2 of those as well..

Just got to work out when I am off work, where should we head first?.....

Hope the weather is good and go from there.......

Here are a couple of swap meets coming up this year.....

12th April 2015 TANUNDA SWAP MEET

24th May 2015 KAPUNDA SWAP MEET

16th August 2015 21st WILLUNGA SWAP MEET

13th  September 2015 THE LEGENDARY GAWLER AUTO SWAP MEET

18th October 2015 32nd  ANNUAL STRATHALBYN SWAP MEET

That just a few that are around Adelaide, there are lots more

Here are a couple of swap meets coming up this year.....

12th April 2015 TANUNDA SWAP MEET

24th May 2015 KAPUNDA SWAP MEET

16th August 2015 21st WILLUNGA SWAP MEET

13th  September 2015 THE LEGENDARY GAWLER AUTO SWAP MEET

18th October 2015 32nd  ANNUAL STRATHALBYN SWAP MEET

That just a few that are around Adelaide, there are lots more

has anyone been to the top two? 

are they a reasonably good size or garage sale size?

hopefully this year the willunga one wont get rained out!

you're getting off-topic here a bit. Swap meets are not WAG friendly... they're full of old junk that some-one wants gone from their shed into yours for cash, basically.

I'll start a new thread shortly dedicated to SA swapmeets when I upload photo's of Cambelltown (which was really good).

I am not taking a female to a swapmeet. 1. I will get dropped. 2. They are business events to me. Don't need a hinderance when collecting old junk.