mltezr

Breather Hose Question

Hey,

Does anyone know if the hose in the attached images are easy/hard to find. Also if they are easy/hard to replace, and its proper name (I'm guessing its called the hose for the breather).

I was filling up petrol on the xd 3.3L. and petrol started pouring out from that hose (located passenger side behind the rear mudflap). lost about 5 or so litres, then it just stopped leaking petrol. So I am guessing it is a breather problem.

post-682-0-77476700-1424843524_thumb.jpg

post-682-0-98949400-1424843543_thumb.jpg

Haha mate I have literally the exact same problem.

It's just a vapour line from the fuel tank, pretty sure it goes back to the carbon canister. Same thing happened to me - filled up to the second click (normally only do the first) and then was suddenly standing in a puddle of petrol. 

My temporary fix was just not to fill it up that much - Maybe one of the other guys can chime in as to whether it's ok to block them off or not (i'd say probably not?). As for replacements, if you find out let me know since I need one too :P

Solved the issue. Followed the hose, just went into the boot, into a plastic covering.

Was easy to take the hose out. however due to a stupid design was difficult to replace. the hose ends are different sizes (the end of the hose that goes into the plastic covering ends at clip, while the other end of the hose is that in the photo, and these ends of the hose have a different size hole). So went to autobarn and got a new hose. took it back and while the end fit nicely into the plastic covering, the hose was too small to fit in the end in the photo. tried everything from heat to drilling the new hose.

in the end I just used the old hose. I cut the old hose where it was worn, and just plugged it back. havnt tried filling the car up yet, so not sure if it will work. but so far no issues.