Nath-25

Grinds My Gears

3,614 posts in this topic

I was talking to a local copper about this very topic last week while we enjoyed a few beers. He told me that’s it’s gotten huge because drug dealers are taking stolen cars as payment for drugs etc. The thing is that they want something that is easily stripped for parts to sell but the crack heads think they’ll get “extra credit” for something unique. Maybe we need to start seriously about fitting G.P.S tracking to our old rides to help locate vehicles in case they get stolen. Or we could encourage our government to get their arse into gear and be like Europe and have the place covered in CCTV cameras. I’m tipping that will never happen, if the Victorian government is anything to go by.

2redrovers likes this

one of the conspiracy theory type people i worked with about 10yrs ago said the 9/11 thing was a "problem, reaction, solution"  in the making for surveillance cameras everywhere.. 

no one would stand for losing their privacy (there's a good movie of similar ENEMY OF THE STATE) 
but they would welcome it with open arms if shit was going down daily(like it is now) 
the technology is out there already to be even able to shut down a stolen car..

in the future i imagine the cops could say, car jacking after bank robbery, blue mercedes rego SPY666 where's the gps location.. eastern freeway springvale.. got it on camera now.. nearest police car 5km, shut it down at wellington road.. done.. locked up asshole(until bail same day... and does it again.. because jails are full)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120660/

2redrovers likes this

18 hours ago, bear351c said:

Judge Dredd. (The Karl Urban one)

only seen the Stallone one but the principal is good enough for Me

Could just go back to the way it was a hundred years ago(still is in more places then you would think) where if your court red handed you get your dominant hand cut off. Would stop alot of the clearer headed ones straight away, that and the instant and permanent ineligibility for any and all government support and services(including centre link and Medicare), may seem harsh but it's extremely distressing having projects and sentimental items stolen with no real consequence for the perpetrator/s

deankdx, Valvebouncer and Slow250XC like this

On 07/09/2018 at 0:19 PM, Ando81 said:

^^^^^^^ This guy for P.M emoji1319.pngemoji1319.pngemoji1319.pngemoji1319.pngemoji1319.pngemoji1319.png

Not sure about that, I don't think I'd be able to get my head far enough up my own arse to be considered for the job, wouldn't be able to justify that huge of a salary anyway, not that any of them can though 

11 hours ago, 351XD_Fairmont said:

Not sure about that, I don't think I'd be able to get my head far enough up my own arse to be considered for the job, wouldn't be able to justify that huge of a salary anyway, not that any of them can though 

but at least on $300k a year you'd be able to save a deposit for a house

351XD_Fairmont likes this

Nothing personal but you wouldn’t have a hope. You’d need to be really self centred and in it for only you. That doesn’t sound like your type of personality, we could only dream of having a decent person as P.M one day but I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting
351XD_Fairmont likes this

Actually the pay rate for the "Top Job"  in Australia is pitiful. 

CEO's of major companies get more. Look at the Banks, Telstra, Car companies etc...

Ya pay peanuts, ya get monkeys.

Yeah not as much pay as a corporate ceo but alot more than even the American president. Plus unlike most governments and corporations our politicians can decide amongst themselves how much they want to be paid, I think they've increased their wages 5-6 times since 2000. Nice how the cost of living keeps going up somewhat due to their incompetence yet they're one of the only groups getting raises to "balance it out"

Free.51 likes this