Nath

Exhaust Cement on O2 Sensor

Hey guys,

Just bought an AFR gauge for the XD and the oxygen sensor needs to be put into the exhaust. Currently running the stock exhaust with plans to upgrade to a 2.5" when I find a suitable one, so hopefully shouldn't be more than a month or two.

The 02 sensor comes with a bung as well, and you just drill a hole and weld it... Problem is I can't weld, and don't really want to waste a bung and pay someone else to do it when its only gonna be on there for another month or two tops.

I have some exhaust cement and was wondering if that'd do the trick to hold the bung in place - at least for a month or two until I get the new exhaust (in which case I'll have the shop properly weld it in before installing the exhaust). Doesn't have to hold forever, just for a month or two max. Will it do that or will it fall out in half an hour?

It will fall off.
If you drill your hole the proper size you can just bolt the sensor into the pipe itself. Wont seal real well but it will work, if your hole is the correct size. Tiz what i did for a few months way back when.

Or, just wait till you get your new zorst?

Dont try to glue it, its just too hot. only way is to braze or even better, wield.

Hmm...

That's an idea... If I screwed the sensor directly in then threw some sealant on it would that help (heat resistant)?

Don't really want to wait as I kind of need it to get a proper tune (bit of a jube with carbies).

No not really. It MIGHT work but probably not. If you wanna screw it in dodgy then just accept that it will more than likely have a bit of a leak. If you want it to seal properly you are gonna have to weld the bung on unless you get REALLY lucky when you bolt it directly into the pipe.

No not really. It MIGHT work but probably not. If you wanna screw it in dodgy then just accept that it will more than likely have a bit of a leak. If you want it to seal properly you are gonna have to weld the bung on unless you get REALLY lucky when you bolt it directly into the pipe.

I'm sure with enough rape tape, luck will be irrelevant...

... Right? :P

I will probably dodgy it up. It's not worth welding when it won't be on there for that long.