Trent250

Need advice on msd on worked 250 + carb sizing

No harder or easier than a mechanical one, it's 4 bolts, throttle linkage, fuel hose(s), choke wire or cable. The vacuum setup is all part of the carby and comes with it.

Ok sweet... Could anyone put up a link of a holley 600vac carb up that will bolt on?

I've been looking around and have noticed there are a few different designs..

Would be great..thanks..

I've got an Aussie speed 4brl manifold..

Or what carb would you recommend?

And what's the difference between spread bore and square bore? Which one will fit?

Never owned one but i believe aussie speeds are square bore. Generally, when something is described as "4-barrel" it's automatically assumed that they're referring to a square bore carby.

"Square bore" = all barrels same (or close) in diameter and are on hole centres that when viewed from below, represent a square.

6e4ca03ffb41088d9119333ea741cf65.jpg

"Spread bore" = 2 small primaries and 2 big secondaries. The centres for the primaries are further apart than the secondaries, so as to form a "spread" shape when viewed from below.

bd046626ec23e9966ac802eae15c8d23.jpg

Both are universal patterns (ie manufacturers all stick to the standard for either) but neither type is directly interchangeable for the other without an adaptor. The bolt patterns are different too.

Best way to confirm the manifold is to ring aussie speed.

Annnnnnnnd a DP but only if it has over 10.5 comp and over 250 @ 50 duration camshaft...other wise you have to run em too rich to get decent response out of em and you kill plugs and wash the bores in fuel.

Just saying

Annnnnnnnd a DP but only if it has over 10.5 comp and over 250 @ 50 duration camshaft...other wise you have to run em too rich to get decent response out of em and you kill plugs and wash the bores in fuel.

Just saying

It's got 11:1 comp and a decent cam but I still think ill go with vac..

is that the engine out of that red Cortina? it was fitted to a fairlane? is the lane yours or you just hot the engine?

I brought it off that dude who ownes that cortina, and the engines are very similar.. I own the fairlane..

The engine looks identical with the same rocker cover, but I have changed that now...

So its no the same engine? I thort he swaped the engine into the lane to sell it

Nah different motor, the one in my lane is matching numbers..

The one in the corty was the first one he did with a Crossy and then did the lane one a bit better again..