Nath

Plastic Restoral

Anyone know a good way to clean up/restore all the random plastic-ey bits on an X series? I'm talking like, windscreen wiper grille, front grille, bumpers etc. At the moment all mine look quite faded and in need of some love.

Was debating about whether just to simply spray paint the grilles but if there's a better way I'd love to know.

Cheers,

Nath

I use the black bumper paint you can buy. Works perfect and is flexible which is good on the bumpers. Have done the rear on mine, need to do the front, grill, mirrors and wiper grill.

You could possibly try some of the blackening stuff but mine had been done with something (boot polish probably) and were a mess. Anything you put on will need to come off before paint will stick anyway so you may as well just spray them.

Then all the alloy trim around the windows can be done with normal paint, just need to scuff it up and etch prime it first.

I wet rubbed the bar with 320 I reckon. Don't go too much coarser, could gouge the bumper. Just want to rough it up. Then wash off and wax and grease remover. Let it all evaporate well.

Sweet, cheers guys. I'll get onto that sometime in the next couple of weeks then. It's not massively high on the priority list but it needs to be done.