Stumps

looking for some one to make a manifold

Tri-power sounds good in theory and looks tits, but would be hard to get the outers to run right without having them contribute some kind of idle to the setup. If you were to shut off their idle circuits, there would be a stumble on the transition when you open them.

The tri-power has long been proven obsolete by a good single setup, well at least has been on V8s. All that tuning complexity for an inferior result... Looks good though.

If you are dead set keen on doing this - get yourself an XF EFI inlet manifold and use the initial section as this will give you an evenly spaced set of six holes to work with.  A steel flange and a couple of steam pipe 90 degree bends up to a flange and mount some holleys to them.  balance pipes between them and then screw around with a throttle linkage.  It could work but would be a lot of effort.

i do agree with the rest of the guy it was a ass to keep tuned and there was always a pair of pots that was running rich, but if you have the time to play with it a bit will be lots of fun :D  but also lots of headaches 

getting it working with a progessive setup might be fraught with danger, it could probably be worth while running them together and easier to setup as well.

I might see if i can get in contact with classic inlines in the US and find out how difficult it is to tune the tri power setups.

failing that ,twin strombergs would still be very cool and might be the go holden X2 style with out all of the crustiness that is a red motor.

Why not put two carbs on top of an XF bunch of bananas EFI set up.  block off the throttle body and then put the 'plenum' piece in the mill and mill a pad for the two carbs to sit on.  I looked at doing this for shits and giggles with an old Mike vine turbo intake plenum I had but decided it was too good to do that to. 

I know what gerg has said about the EFI inlet tract and fuel suspension and in theory I agree.  having said that many years ago I saw a 750 double pumper bolted onto the front of a 304 EFI Holden v8 - where the throttle body used to go.  It was in a burnout ute from a mob of mad farmers from the tablelands.  worked bloody well too.  surprised the shit out of me. 

The long inlet tract will build a bucket load of power and torque.  Look at the street machine FB page where they dyno tested that hemi engine with a few different manifolds.  the aussiespeed ones made the most power and the longer the inlet tract and the higher they went with the carb the more power the thing made. 

Food for thought and you could build it for beer money.  Even if you just got 2 350 holley's and joined the throttle shafts and pulled one throttle shaft.  you could use an off the shelf 350 holley alloy adapter and weld it to the EFI plenum.  be cheap as fek using wrecker parts.

What do you guys think of using a manifold like an aussie speed or something in that shape. Cut of the single carby mount and area under the carby. The cut the outside of the runner for 1&6  leaving the top and bottom untouched down to around were 2&5 runners. Then make a new section just like the carby mounting section that was cut out but so that it mounts the 3 carbies. I would envisage the carbies would be mounted fairly high so that you could have enough volume under the carbies for all three carbies and to allow for tapering to the outside runners for smoother air flow. Sorry for the really basic drawing but hopefully you get the idea. Clearly the drawing isn't to scale as the carbies would take up a lot more room but do you think this might be plausible. I know the weight of the carbies may be an issue.

triplecarbymanifold_zps2dca8e93.jpg

I wonder if I can get holley 4 barrel to 1 barrel sromberg adapters and then use the aussiespeed manifold...hmmm

I have to question why based on the cars use, the engine and costs. I dig the been different bit but I question weather the result would be worth the effort anyway ?

I personally would go for more engine and a 4 barrel till you decide you want to go fast.

Just saying...

I understand that different bit bro for sure. But you need to use a good set of carbs that meter well yet flow enough to work. I mean my engine has around 1600cfm of air potential thru the carbs so would 3 pissy strommys really work ?

Belive me theres not many who have tubbed 4 linked and fitted a 5500 stall to a 6cyl powered anything so I know about the want to be different.

Got to agree with sly, being different is cool and a triple carb crossflow sticking out of the bonnet would fit the bill. But no matter how cool it looks, if you start the car and sounds like a bad of shit or if you drive it away and it stuttering and spluttering the coolness will evaporate very quickly. Then the car will just look/sound under done. Never stop having ideas and never stop asking questions, but sometimes you have to let an idea go when it turns out it is so much more trouble than its worth. But if you really really want to do it then all the hassle and drama is worth it and we are always here to bounce ideas off.

Well said Ryan...I am in now way trying to offend anyone just my dealings with my own engine build. It actually worked out cheaper to get the webers...go figure???

Ill be takin it out to lunch tomorrow which has made me stop drinking and prep the car a bit in readiness.

Yes it always needs something or something done to it but thats part of the fun of it imo.Mates cars and a laugh or 2 is always fun.

I dunno, i reckon a crossflow version of the tri power setup would be kinda cool.

3 strommies would be worth around 450-500 cfm and would be ok for a reasonable six, maybe 200-250hp.

The yanks seem to like them.

But its all theoretical any way, im a computer engineer with no fabricating skills so it'll never happen.