TUFE

thai front guards

Im wondering if anyones had dramas with alignment on these repro guards. Ive just had my xe painted and my painter reckons theyre impossible to get right. By eye theyre slightly out, is he talking shit or are they bad?

The XF ones aren't the best either lads, they pinch together at the leading edge of the bonnet and are a bitch to get the align at the sills. Never tried the XE ones so can't comment on those.

The xd/e/f guards would all still be made out of the same fucked,stretched out moulds.

Anything that pops up as a new product is generally good I've found,but the old shit is just that,shit.

yeah as ants said the xe xf aged guards are still old moulds and will be for a very long time, actually i think you cant even buy them anymore

they will be old flogged tooling judging by the purchase price on them when you could still get them

That mob is called "parts cloner" Not sure about Fords as they do XU1 stuff. Rare Spares uses the same gear i think. Apparently this mob in Thailand re-made a lot of the dies so the panels should be spot-on.

So if thats the case, these guards should be able to be gapped right. I think ill hinge kit my doors first and find someone to do the gaps. Im no panel guy

That mob is called "parts cloner" Not sure about Fords as they do XU1 stuff. Rare Spares uses the same gear i think. Apparently this mob in Thailand re-made a lot of the dies so the panels should be spot-on.

Cav would be onto them if rares had them.

Nobody does the good quality versions of the xe guards, and with the tooling costs for the quality fenders and the very small market (at the prices that would need to be charged) they will not be made for many years