Server maintenance Read more... ×
blackxt

Aussie speed inlets

We have been looking around for options for geds turbo XE , running a 2 barrel redline manifold and gas research , fuel distribution is really bad currently and flow through the manifold isn't great . Been looking at two options , custom plenum , or Aussie speed 4 barrel inlet , and leaning towards the Aussie speed one. <br /><br />What's peoples experiences with these manifolds , I've spoke with the dealer and they say it will work fine.

Aussiespeed manifolds are much better than redlines effort and the older Cain manifolds, much better fuel distribution due to the better shaped runners.

What's the disadvantage of the manifold over a plenum. Just volume ? We have the technology to make a custom plenum , but its going tobe a massive piss around , rework every thing fuel really and intercooler pipe , and cut another hole in the car.<br />

Yeah that was the first plan . Same thing its just a big pain , the engine bays really neat with the converters hanging of the engine. And under the manifold . Even considered a bbm manifold with a nizrpro top. <br /><br />Nethier of us have much motivation ATM for totaly redoing what is there . We had hoped with a Aussie speed manifold we could just bolt it on , fix the fuel distribution and mabey pick up a few HP.

Also I should mention I'm well aware that a well designed plenum is the ultimate way. But we are not chasing big power and possibility of future engine swap , so not looking to spend serious coin.

I tried it on the white car and althow the bigger volume is better "my idea as well" the fuel distribution was as bad as stock manifold

you could see it in the plugs the and the exhaust with a temp probe

you can buy my manifold if you like and try it? LOL would like to get my money back somehow I my even still have the 4 barrel 90 the gas carby bolts on

I agree with PRO250. if your planning a blow thru turbo, replace the carby with a throttle body and plumb in 6 injectors.

I battled and fought for years with blowing through carbies and could never achieve a happy medium with the tune. Making it worse being a manual too.

When I flow tested the aussiespeed manifolds I found an 8% flow difference over the cylinders, it only takes a bit of work and I got it down to 4%. The aussiespeed manifold is a great bit of gear but like all mass produced items a little work makes them better.