bear351c

Rust repair panel available ? XA/B/C.

Is there a replacement panel for this area, behind the front guards of an XA, XB and XC.?  Been looking for a while. Those of you with this model know the area well. :) .

Guardinner.jpg

Guardinner002.jpg

Stole pics from EvilC, hope you dont mind, mate :blink:

im pretty sure a GT shop in Melbourne dose the whole replacement panel ill see if i can dig up a link... its pricey though!

EDDIT: cant seem to find a link although i know someones making replacement panels ive seen them pop up on ebay aswell

It looks like something that could be fabbed up easily enough from what I can see in the pics. Unpick it and keep it as intact as you can and go visit your nearest sheet metal joint. I reckon it'd be doable.  

It's the upright panel between the guard and footwell. The dirt and leaves fall in there, and slowly rust out the panel, and leak water into the kick panel area. Not even sure if you can unpick this bit....... might be part of the original pressing. 

This spot will do for this... Can someone help me out with good pics of the bottom of the a pillar and torque box area? There's too much missing on Gerry's and honestly haven't got time to Wade through searching for good information.
5b8f430c91e888749fef90fa06fc1be8.jpg45124847b545eb24d7fa8e1e714b2e13.jpga4b0122a1455b7627f83e034f7556bd5.jpg
Particularly the underneath structures and floor braces attached to lower firewall / inner wheel well.
Cheers :)

edit: pasting this link here so i can find it on my phone later. I'd forgotten about this shop's site, top work and better yet... they know how to take photos! 

http://www.farracecustomsandclassic.com.au/products-page/completed-projects/ford-xb-coupe-3/