XFGHIA747

ways of repairing leaking simmons wheels,

Hey guys I have leaking centre in one of my simmons 3 piece does any one know the best way to stop it ? Without opening the rim up, if so please share.

As I dont think running a solid bead of silicone around the join would last ? I may be wrong.

Also if I need to separate the rim the re seal what id the torque spec on the bolts ? I may have read somewhere it was 20-25 ft pounds? Cheers

Thanks guys will get onto it tomorrow then hopefully it will be right, ill just clean real well and wax grease remover the join and run a nice bead around there with a iceypole stick if id doesn't fix it ill split the rim later on..

A tip if your worried u wont get a neat finish, inject your nice wide bead of sika or silicone into the groove making sure u get it evenly over the join. Dony care too much for a finish as this stage just make sure u get the sealant thats touching the rim in an even fashion. Then grab the missus's ironing spray bottle or something similar, mix up some dishwashing liquid and water into a nice sudsy mixture and fill the bottle up. Then grab ur old pair of thongs or something else with a flat bendable edge (credit card works or proper bog trowel) and spray thr sealant generously and simply wipe the thong over itto flatten it out. Wipe the excess off on a rag and repeat. The soap will stop the sealant from bonding to where the soap is so u cant smear it all over the rim. Once ur done leave to cure.