SLO247

X Series AC.topic

Hey Dave, i don't know exactly what brand it was but it just some a/c Synthetic Oil that the workshop uses on all the late model cars running R134a gas. I don't actually have a digital thermometer so didn't measure the vent temps but it has to be at least 4 degrees if not less out the vents, never been in a car with such cold A/C. I might buy a digital thermometer now, you have got me curious :)

Hi just a quick update measured the temp out the vents on the ZH and got 4.9 to 5.1 degrees not to shabby i reckon. I might adjust the thermostat to see if i can get it down to 4 haha. My Ba could only get it down to 7.5 degree so must be a bit low on gas but had no problem cooling the car during the summer this year.  :huh:

It's time to order some AC parts for my ute. If anyone has some info for me that would help greatly.

What size are the o rings in an XF and how many?

I've found one place listing a receiver drier and TX valve on eBay. What should I be paying for these?

Where can u get compressor oil and how do I know how much to add? Compressor is bone dry I believe, I just chose the nicest sounding one when rotating, from the pile.

I'm planning to fit a new TX valve and receiver drier, new o rings and gas it with hychill. I'll buy a vacuum pump and gauges.

Around $30 for a new receiver drier.

Re-use the TX valve, unless its sticking - put it in the freezer to check.

O-rings are as follows -

Sanden TR compressors

Suction - OR9031 (Jayair part) OUNI104 (Adrad) (OD - 23.85mm, ID - 18.69, 2.58mm thick)

Discharge - OR9032 (Jayair part) OUNI105 (Adrad) (OD - 20.35mm, ID - 15.19mm, 2.58mm thick)

OR

TR90

- OR9852 (Jayair part) - square cut o-ring.

TX Valve -

x2 5/8 - (15.88mm)

x1 3/8 - (9.53mm)

x1 1/2 - (12.7mm)

TX valve flexible hose to hardline - (Pressure switch block) O-ring

x1 3/8 - (9.53mm)

Hardline to Receiver Drier

x1 3/8 - (9.53mm)

Hardline (with Schrader valve) to Condenser core

x1 1/2 - (12.7mm)

Drier, to Condenser core

x1 3/8 - (9.53mm)

Holy shit there's a comprehensive list. Thanks for the effort Dave.

Where do you source parts? I assume being in the industry you have more options than I do.

Edit: are those Inner diameters?