Jonathan Mark Davidson

doors doors and doors their not all the same

ok in this thread im going to try and clear alot of confusion between the different doors

i'm going to start with confusion between xg/h doors and Xd/e/f doors (I know d to f theirs differences)
At the front end of the door apart from the hardware used and a rebuildable hinge their the same.
At the back is where the difference starts.

I'll start with the lock mechanism in xd/f it's external on the door and the catch is almost a flat plate

10351650_10203901408273662_3527561140900

and the catch

10710525_10203901422034006_8926020596737

a xg/h it's internal e series type and the catch is a round bar

64268_10203901405753599_5351651740242128

and its catch

10419953_10203901424234061_5371327741605

Ok now it comes to the door handles xg/h door handles and most aftermarket handles will fit a xd/e/f but not the other way around
Hears a pic of a genuine Xh handle from the inside

10698700_10203901437834401_9901692988801

Hears a d/e/f handle from the inside

10632578_10203901440194460_1766404671799

Now you can mix and match but it takes a bit of nounce.

xd/e/f doors are a common conversion on g/h but you have to weld the holes up on a def catch and 're drill to suit the xg/h body
Door handles can be swapped the reverse way by drilling a hole if you have enough metal or drilling of the pivot mechanism and fitting your g/h pivot mechanism and 're securing it with a self tapping screw
  or a bolt.

that concludes this section as i grab some more doors out of my parts rack i'll update the differences between xg and xh doors also the differences between the xd/e and xf doors  

ok in this thread im going to try and clear alot of confusion between the different doors

Door handles can be swapped the reverse way by drilling a hole if you have enough metal or drilling of the pivot mechanism and fitting your g/h pivot mechanism and 're securing it with a self tapping screw  or a bolt.

Handily, the pivots on today's new Genuine Ford x-series door handles, come with the holes pre-stamped for either XD-XF or XG-XH.

Just swap over the correct plastic insert, and you're away!

i didnt think ford would have door handles left! whats the currant cost on one if you don't mind me asking?
and yes it is along with 90% of the aftermarket handles out their now

i only mentioned the pivot swap for people like my self who have a pile of door handles laying around and nearly no cash

Cav will prolly chime in with the most accurate info......

but last I saw, the XG-XH handles were going for about $50 each at Ford.

The XD-XF handles, were at about $40 each.

Black only to my knowledge.

I don't think they do the chrome ones anymore.

The handles are also different from drivers to passenger sides.

If you change the pivot on an XD-F for an XG-H, drill the hole in the pivot needed for XG-H or buy the genuine ones as above then the handles need to be used on the opposite side to what the were originally used.

IE:

The XD-F drivers with changed or drilled pivot will need to go on the passenger side on XG-H, and a XD-F passenger will become a XG-H drivers.

The cut out in the door skin is different to accomodate it.

The handles are also different from drivers to passenger sides.

If you change the pivot on an XD-F for an XG-H, drill the hole in the pivot needed for XG-H or buy the genuine ones as above then the handles need to be used on the opposite side to what the were originally used.

IE:

The XD-F drivers with changed or drilled pivot will need to go on the passenger side on XG-H, and a XD-F passenger will become a XG-H drivers.

The cut out in the door skin is different to

that wont work as a xg/h is a push to unlock where a xd/e/f is a pull to unlock i'll get photos as i have a few broken ones i need to fix

that wont work as a xg/h is a push to unlock where a xd/e/f is a pull to unlock i'll get photos as i have a few broken ones i need to fix

Maybe it will work, if I get his drift. Swap the handles side for side and modify the handle opening so they with pull up and clear. Then drill a hole for the XG/H clip on the part of the pivot arm that goes down (like a standard one does). Without actually checking an XG/H handle myself I reckon this might just work.

It will work, the part of the handle that pushes the pivot down is in different spots between the different doors.

I have been through it before. I do have an XD,XF and XH and I double checked them before I posted yesterday.

The cut out in the doors is the problem, they changed it on XG-H.

that wont work as a xg/h is a push to unlock where a xd/e/f is a pull to unlock

Take a look how the handle acheives the push or the pull, the same handle will either push or pull depending on the location of the hole for the rod.

Cav will prolly chime in with the most accurate info......

but last I saw, the XG-XH handles were going for about $50 each at Ford.

The XD-XF handles, were at about $40 each.

Black only to my knowledge.

I don't think they do the chrome ones anymore.