Sign in to follow this  
XFChris

Is this mixer any good?

Chanced upon this LPG mixer ring at the wreckers.

IMG_20141012_104126.jpg

Has some sort of lid on it, as shown in the above picture, I'm not sure what it does, looks like it blocks all airflow in?

With the lid off, the carby barrels are just about exposed, most LPG ring mixers I've seen partially block the barrels.

IMG_20141012_104133.jpg

I think this would minimise power losses when running on petrol, compared to a mixer ring with a smaller inner diameter, bit I have no idea if it will be good for LPG. I have heard that LPG needs restriction to work well.

I've had more success with a 200 mixer and the EFI manifold but my biggest improvement by far has been getting a new converter. My old one sat vertical and had oil and gunk about an inch high from the bottom since it hadnt been touched in about 10 years.

200 is a waste It's only benefit IMO is the ease of mounting on a crossy. You would be far better off with a B2, same design but less restrictive without the right-angle air path.

300a's have a cable operated lid that you can open up to run on petrol to decrease the restriction but they won't run on gas with it open. I never open mine, it fucks with the mixtures too much.