xfish

RCA vs SPEAKER wires

Hey guys again.....I purchased one of those 7inch touch screen's from japan that has reverse camera, GPS, DVD etc. The conundrum I have is I have Front right and Front left RCA outlets on the back of the unit, but I have no 'Rear right' and 'Rear left' RCA's on the back.  I have a harness of speaker wires that are at the back of the unit that have RL, RR, FR , FL. I had a look on ebay, and noticed there are 'RCA to Speaker Wire Adapters' that allow these to be joined. If I was to wire the RR and RL speaker wire's into a RCA cable's, and plug that into my amp, will I get the same performance from them as the RCA's that run from the unit to the amp?

RCA's are ment to run to the amp. By having 2 sets you can run a 4 channel amp without running an RCA splitter cable. I havn't checked out the RCA to speaker cable connetors but that sounds dodgey as hell.

So with what you are saying you have, run the RCA's to your amp then connect your speakers to your amp. If you only have a 2 channel amps you will only use 1 set of the RCA's then wire all 4 speakers to the amps with the fronts on one channel  and rears on the other

Me personally wire it in backwards. Run the backs to the front. Fronts to rear amps. Just remember with fader controls it will be backwards.

Weird that they have rca's for front and not rear

Are you saying that you already have RCA's to front and rear but now with the new head unit you have nowhere to plug in the rears? My current stereo has 3 sets - fr, RR and sub which are all in use. I'm shortly going to upgrade but I'm finding most have front and another for rear/sub.

I just bought some little rca splitters, kind of like a double adapter to try out. $1 each. Not sure how it will go but maybe an option for you if all your wiring is already done. Depends on if you actually want a fader. I just have the rears toned down a little on the amp.

I'm also keen on feedback about the deck. Pics and comments once its done.

I just bought some little rca splitters, kind of like a double adapter to try out. $1 each. Not sure how it will go but maybe an option for you if all your wiring is already done. Depends on if you actually want a fader. I just have the rears toned down a little on the amp.

Exactly what I was getting too...rears are just for fill as too much spoils sound staging.Big front end,good subs and rear speakers off deck is a killer combo for any ride.

Hey, after some internet surfing and visiting 'ALBERTS' in perth, I found my solution. Yes, it is weird to have RCA's for front only, but I was put onto the L.O.C.PRO Lp7-4 ( line output convertor ) , made by PAC. Simply run your speaker wires to the box, and it converts them to RCA's. You have to run a  earth and power to the box, but that's essentially  it. It can be used on any head unit made it the last 50 years to convert speaker wires to RCA's. I hope you find this usefull....

Handy on stock headunits that don't have rca outputs. I would have done this in my corolla if the factory in dash stacker hadn't shat itself.