Server maintenance Read more... ×
xe1984

anyone got a ba?

I just bought a ba wagon on straight gas to replace the Nissan stagea I sold. And the cluster has the average L/100kms and mine jumps up and done from 8L/100kms to 40L/100kms! Umm is this normal? And this is just cruising back streets. I replaced the o2 sensor but no difference.

From what I got told it uses the fuel gauge to do a base calibration for L per km. mine used to flash 99.9l/km when the gauge was stuffed, maybe they fed me fibs, but that is what ford told me when the ute was new. Remember too that your oxygen sensor is only a minor trimming device. The next thing I'd do is unscrew the two 10 mm drain bolts in the bottom of the convertor. If you get any water/coolant coming out you need the convertor rebuilt.

sure its on avg fuel and not inst fuel?

fuck all that shit off and fit police mode, best thing i ever did, gets rid of all those trip meter stuff which just annoys you by telling you your wasting to much fuel being a hoon haha and replaces it with a digital speedo which is actually spot on accurate instead of being 3kmh faster like the needle gauge

ba wagon here too, my best daily yet

From what I got told it uses the fuel gauge to do a base calibration for L per km. mine used to flash 99.9l/km when the gauge was stuffed, maybe they fed me fibs, but that is what ford told me when the ute was new. Remember too that your oxygen sensor is only a minor trimming device. The next thing I'd do is unscrew the two 10 mm drain bolts in the bottom of the convertor. If you get any water/coolant coming out you need the convertor rebuilt.

. Yeah I want to have the converter checked as well but I think I have resolved by just going on a big hwy drive just then and I have got it down to 13.7L/100km on avg but before I left it was showing 60L/100kms on avg, so I think the computer was confused for a bit. Cause even after the hwy I drove back streets and couldn't get it to go over 15L/100kms on avg so was just the computer been a dick till I took on a hwy drive for awhile. And it only did this when I changed the o2 sensor and that must of done something to because the best it ever showed before I changed that was 17L/100kms I think.

sure its on avg fuel and not inst fuel?

fuck all that shit off and fit police mode, best thing i ever did, gets rid of all those trip meter stuff which just annoys you by telling you your wasting to much fuel being a hoon haha and replaces it with a digital speedo which is actually spot on accurate instead of being 3kmh faster like the needle gauge

ba wagon here too, my best daily yet

hey I somehow got that going too by holding the button while driving.

How do you get it to do that cav?

need an obd2 unit and there is a program you run on your laptop while hooked up to the car and it will enable it, best thing i ever did on the ba condsidering most of my driving is highway between those stupid point to point cameras on the hume

i have a cable and the program if your ever in the area but do some searching on the ford forums and youll find it all

hey I somehow got that going too by holding the button while driving.

wont be the same thing, see my post above, this does a fair few changes to the digital displays on the dash