XDPSI

XD turbo finally hit the rollers... Au Sohc/gas/stock bottom end

Hey guys,

Been a while between posts but I thought I'd finally share my results of my 10yr build. Hahaha. Finally managed to get it to the dyno a week or so ago. I promise I will do a proper build thread as I have gb's of pics over the years to upload and share. I know I loved it whilst building my cars so it's only fair! With a bit of luck the trimmings and tedious things will be complete by Xmas. That's the plan anyway! To the point now...

Xd fairmont

Au 140km bottom end (stock)

Gas research twin converters and twin lines to twin outlet tank

ICE ignition 7amp 2step

Converted to run xf dizzy

Stock inlet manifold (welded and modded to run tb in fuel rail location

Garrett 3540 (0.82 rear housing)

External gate tial

3 inch exhaust

Top mount manifold (thanks Milan!)

Killer dump pipe (thanks Wes!)

Hybrid 3inch cooler

Stock AU cam

Atomic vernier gears

Cushion button clutch (sunbury brake n clutch)

Top loader with hurst verticle gate shifter (stoopid fun on the street)

Custom t-shaft (rated at 800hp from memory)

28 spline bw 3.45lsd

Turbo smart return flow bov

Result: 242rwkw @11psi

Doing atomic valve springs and arp stud kit shorty :) pretty much built the car with more power to come later once I sort out the rest of the car how I like it. Build a short motor properly and drop it in. All the supporting hardware is there. Just cable tie the actuator vac feed and hold on Hahaha.

Would be sweet to make a thread just outlining chassis/driveline/boost/power

Hint hint forum junkies! I'm way to lazy and unreliable.

Cheers,

Mike

Cool another XD hunting the street for commodore victims. 10 years is a long build.....I'm at 8 years on my XD but I'm just waiting in my alternator and then it should be go go go.

Can't wait to see a build thread, bring on the pics!! Good power figures to. My v8 Corty has just clocked over it's 3rd year of build......I'm thinking of not getting it engineered now and just driving it with different plates. It's sooooooo frustrating.

Yeah the pics will come and skid vids haha. I know NZXD its freakin ages... It has evolved constantly, upgrading, different ideas and combos etc etc. Its hard to even see an xd on the rd these days... My favourite game of all time is bustin hackadores. At least now i can do it in a ford and not my daily jappa! V8 corty sounds like fun. I ended up club regoing my cars, cheaper, easier and less headaches from the fuzz. Too many projects on the go, got to start ticking them off.