NZXD

Front door seals XD

xg xh seals are different, they have an additional lip on the inside of the seal to cover the gap where the rigid headlinings dont go all the way to the edge of the roof, i cant remember if the xg xh seal is also double blistered or if that was the commodore seal which also uses the same lip though

nobody makes a new seal with this inner lip that fits properelly, the vn-ns seals go close but stick out a little to far and doors are hard to close

xg xh seals are different, they have an additional lip on the inside of the seal to cover the gap where the rigid headlinings dont go all the way to the edge of the roof, i cant remember if the xg xh seal is also double blistered or if that was the commodore seal which also uses the same lip though

nobody makes a new seal with this inner lip that fits properelly, the vn-ns seals go close but stick out a little to far and doors are hard to close

Thanks for the heads up Big Gav.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XD-XE-XF-Falcon-Door-Seals-PAIR-/301298779490?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4626ce8562&_uhb=1

I put these in my XF Pano front doors. Had to make a join but that was easy to glue & hide near the door hinge.

What type of glue did you use? I have checked the link and saved to my watch list, cheers man.

loctite 424 should be used, little tip is to also put a little bit of vacuum line inside the blister at the join that goes into both sections of rubber, glue that in and youll get a lot more strength at the join

http://www.loctite.com.au/3320_AUE_HTML.htm?nodeid=8802625912833

I've used the Clarks rubber ones and if you trim em right the join isn't even noticeable. I start at the bottom edge in the centre then tap it onto the pinch weld with a rubber mallet paying particular attention to the corners making sure they are in place as far as they can go. Once you get down to the join cut the seal ever so slightly bigger than you want and you should be able to with a little force it should slot in there and be virtually invisible if you trim it neatly. A bit of Loctite or super glue will have it finished. 

So I went out and had a good look at the old seals that are on the car and then measured to see if I could modify the rears to suit the front.

I found that at the top to corners there is an extra inserted piece of rubber for support to the top window frame.

Therefore to make the rears once cut to fit would need the inserts at these locations.

I did take photos but at this stage unsure how to get them into this post on tapatalk.

So I went out and had a good look at the old seals that are on the car and then measured to see if I could modify the rears to suit the front.

I found that at the top to corners there is an extra inserted piece of rubber for support to the top window frame.

Therefore to make the rears once cut to fit would need the inserts at these locations.

I did take photos but at this stage unsure how to get them into this post on tapatalk.

post-147-14099810709075_thumb.jpg

is that right up near the b pillar corners where they tend to pinch up?

Is the gear you sell part number 60-054 have any added strength for the top corners like I've described with the factory stuff?