Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
xfish

Boot release

Hey Guys,

I'm still ironing out some gremlins in my EL XR8, but the boot release has got me stumped. It opens remotely every time without issue. I replaced the fuel door/boot release switch with another and still nothing. I have no power to the switch, what so ever. I spliced into the power for the fuel door, and plumed it into the boot release, and still nothing. It has occasionly opened, but not in the last few days. Is there some where I can check to see if it's earthed, or pull power from somewhere else.....I did notice that the 5 XR8's I looked at before buying this one, 3 of them had the same boot issue with the boot release button. It seems a common fault.

Any idea's?

If it is like my EL Fairmont it has a time delay where it will only work from the button with the ignition on or for for 10 mins after turning the ignition off. This was standard.

Yes but ef and earlier work all the time

Ok, I tested it with the key in the ignition, and the boot release worked 100% of the times, took the key out and periodically pressed the boot release and it worked several times and then stopped working. So, I guess that's how it's set - up. A bit silly if you ask me.......