Sign in to follow this  
bigpaulo

Opinions on these?

ooohhhh thats a bit relieving.

yeah the adjustable jet seems like a great idea. and the boost powervalve they talk about would work great for street applications, hopefully it wouldnt drink so much when at normal driving speeds...

I'm pretty sure that you can get those metering blocks thru summit and the power valve - well couldn't you just work out what vacuum you had at 2lbs of boost and just get select powervalve to suit??  I may be a little confused tho as I didn't drink last night.

wouldnt the power valve have to be reversed? normal one opens under vacuum...so would a turbo one open under boost? ive said it before, i know jack shit about turbos haha

Yeah you'd be right there. Sounds like a variation of a dual-stage power valve, (that's if it has a power valve function off boost as well) but instead of the second stage coming in under vacuum, it needs to see pressure before opening. It would need this kind of enrichment because the booster normally only sees flow at atmospheric pressure and is calibrated as such, but go introducing boost pressure at this point and the air density increases. As the booster only sees flow, not mass, it cannot compensate for the extra air going in. The boost-referenced power valve is meant to compensate for this extra mass of air under boost and add a proportional amount of fuel.

Sorry yeah here I am waffling on and didn't realise those carbs were suck-through. I thought those things died out in the 80's. You can't intercool a suck-through setup as the whole thing becomes a bomb if the engine decides to backfire.

I'm currently playing with a suck thru meth turbo for the burnout car.  going to use the 6al2 out of the race car and the map sensor info from gerg to try and get on top of the tune.

with meth the induction temps should be kept reasonable and with the programmable ignition we should be able to put a reasonable tune into her.  It is just something Alan and I have always wanted to do and since we are not getting any younger we decided to give it a go.